Rear Hugger for K1200S "07" - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 2008, 2:00 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Rear Hugger for K1200S "07"

Looking around for a rear hugger for my bike that will get here in a few weeks. Some are on ebay but does anyone know where there are cheaper ones than $300+. Used would be even better. Thanks Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 2:34 am
Rookie

the only cheap ones are the copies you find on E-bay other than that your going to have to fork up the $$$$ i purchased the real deal paid $390 shipped to the USA. i am not sure how good the copies are but the one i have has a good amount of flex i thought it might rub on the tire but so far so good...
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 9:32 am
Noob

Sorry to get off track here but the small rubber pad that keeps the hugger from rubbing against stabilizer has come off on my hugger. Now when I ride I can here it bounce and hit the stabilizer. Has this happened to anyone else and what do you use to fix it?
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 2008, 11:00 am

noisy hugger

I used those pads you stick to the bottom of a chair leg to keep from scratching wood floors.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2008, 12:50 pm
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyg
I used those pads you stick to the bottom of a chair leg to keep from scratching wood floors.
How is that option holding up fpr you?
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2008, 3:03 pm

It has slid down maybe 1/4 inch, but has stayed and there is no more vibrating carbon on metal noise.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 2008, 7:23 pm
Rookie

I just picked up a 2006 K1200S. A hugger, that would be nice. I've been looking for those things for all my bikes including front fender extenders. They do help allot on keeping the suspension clean. They use them allot in Europe but here in the States, they just don't put them on very many bikes except sport bikes.

I would like to get a hugger for my ZX14, K12S - that is for sure.

The hugger and the chain guard go together right? I don't like the metal one. Thinking more about carbon fiber. They say it will wear out faster though but isn't that what bikes do if you use them?

So that isn't a problem.

Ebay is that the only place? I know Pyramid Plastics makes fender extenders and huggers, I haven't checked yet about the BMW. I guess I'll check.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 2008, 2:40 am
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportK12
Sorry to get off track here but the small rubber pad that keeps the hugger from rubbing against stabilizer has come off on my hugger. Now when I ride I can here it bounce and hit the stabilizer. Has this happened to anyone else and what do you use to fix it?
yeah the idiots used a solid round rubber and sliced it... best way is get some Silicone Vac tube slit it and apply a small dab of super glue. that was teh first thing i did on mine... bike has 1100miles and it's still rock solid.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 2008, 2:42 am
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeguy
I just picked up a 2006 K1200S. A hugger, that would be nice. I've been looking for those things for all my bikes including front fender extenders. They do help allot on keeping the suspension clean. They use them allot in Europe but here in the States, they just don't put them on very many bikes except sport bikes.

I would like to get a hugger for my ZX14, K12S - that is for sure.

The hugger and the chain guard go together right? I don't like the metal one. Thinking more about carbon fiber. They say it will wear out faster though but isn't that what bikes do if you use them?

So that isn't a problem.

Ebay is that the only place? I know Pyramid Plastics makes fender extenders and huggers, I haven't checked yet about the BMW. I guess I'll check.

yeah no one makes a cheap CF version i saw ones on E-bay but i have no clue how good the copies are.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2009, 7:40 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagunas2k
yeah no one makes a cheap CF version i saw ones on E-bay but i have no clue how good the copies are.

hey JC, i got those one posted it on ebay, it worked out pretty good, here are some pictures:

cheers!

P.S. call me up for newbie rides with OCmoto man!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode