BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Bought a Zero Grav Sport touring windscreen - review

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  cdreid 
#1 ·
I didnt see any reviews that told me Anythign i needed to know about this windscreen (or any others honestly) so i thought id leave one.
I ordered the sport touring despite worrying it wasnt tall enough . But the full on touring windscreen looks huge. I was right.. it's much taller than the stock.. much. It doesnt make your bike harleyish.. on the other hand it is a much bigger windscreen. It looks not quite like a touring windscreen but exactly in the middle. As far as looks.. if it were 3" shorter it would look better than stock. But it isnt.. it looks like a small touring windscreen. If you have the bags.. it will look like it came that way.

The wind is directed to my faceplate. I no longer have a problem with wind hammering my neck or into my helmet at all. Im not worried about freezing in cold weather or rain. The stock would KILL you in the rain and send jet blasts of ice through your jacket. This wont. It is however loud.. i hoped not but i guess this makes sense and maybe its just a different kind of loud than the hurricane the stock sends into yoru helmet. Basically all that wind is slamming into your helmet now.

The quality is excellent. Period. As good as stock.

It's dark (i got the smoke windscreen). As in fine for a Bright day but at night you wont exactly be seeing the front wheel. I dont think this will be a problem and i think it actually shades the guages which is a good thing.

I think ill be using this screen in the winter, spring when it rains and when im doing anything you'd consider touring.. ie take a trip. But for daily use in GOOD weather i think ill be using the stock for now and maybe order a double bubble or mra touring or something in between. I have pictures but not sure how to submit them. Hope this helps someone

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks for the review and the pics. How tall are you? I'm 6'4" and just picked up a '14 K13S 30th w/the stock screen. Honestly, it's pretty quiet and calm up around my gourd since I'm certain the stock screen is placing the brunt of the blast into my torso... While I know I'll never have that GTL feeling of isolation, I would like to find something that can keep a few more raindrops off of me and not simultaneously place the turbulence under my chin or onto my helmet. Right now, it's kind-of nice just having my head up there in all that "clean" air. Reminds me of the old days; when a pair of shades and a ball cap where proper riding gear :wink

#10 ·
im 5 11. i literally dont stress rain at all. i hop on my bike just as gast in the rain as dry. with a heated jacket i rode all winter in temps around 33. the only problem i had was a trip to cherokee in the rain before i got the jacket. thinking back the only thing that got me was legs getting wet and dangerously cold and gloves got so wet and cold grips couldnt keep up. no rain on body or neck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.