Pack Parts K1200S Exhaust Hanger Mod - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2006, 4:51 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Pack Parts K1200S Exhaust Hanger Mod

As Amber has proclaimed she’d never get on the S again...(she hates the ergos) there was no reason to keep the rear peg carriers as they’d be as useless as tits on a badger....so... I modified them for this new, cleaner look. Thought I’d share in case anyone else has similar thoughts..

When I first looked at trashing the rear carriers I unbolted everything, pulled the crossbars back from the frame, then slid them out but quicky discovered 2 things.
1. The upper section of the bike looks naked without something there.. Just a naked hole.. not that there’s anything wrong with naked holes...
2. The bracket’s top section is kinda necessary “functionally” as it serves double duty as a support bracket for the oil reservoir on the inside.

I took both brackets to my local machinist and had them cut off ONLY the lower end leaving the top section to bolt right back into place above the crossbars. Took him about an hour to do both sides and charged me nuthin.. I gave him a PL cheesy tee shirt for his time as he wouldn’t accept money. Good guy.

In anticipation of the aforementioned mod, a few weeks back I had ordered one of Pack Parts Carbon Fiber Exhaust Brackets (# 300.10.02) which are designed for LASER exhausts hoping I could modify it to fit my Remus PowerCone. I couldn’t think of any logical reason why it wouldn’t work and as it turns out.. I was right.

All I had to do to make their part fit my Remus was elongate the existing bolt holes using my trusty Dremel and bolt it right on. The already upswept PowerCone had to be loosened and twisted upwards another full inch but otherwise.. it was an easy mod when compared to some.

Very happy with the clean look and honestly.. I can’t think of anything else I want to do to the bike.. except for RIDE it...or maybe add those Rizoma levers.. and the upcoming Rhinewest Chip.. and some Sato rearsets... and...er.. well..damn!!.. perhaps there are a FEW more things I need !!. If anyone needs any other details as to this mod.. let me know..

Jerry D. Finley ("Danger" is my middle name)
"I speed, therefore I am. "

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2006, 6:24 pm
Addict

looks good, I like the up-swept pipe. The more we can see of the single swing arm the better. I find it odd that BMW took time to make the single swing arm, then also took time to hide it with the exhaust.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2006, 7:21 pm
Bry
Enthusiast

Thumbs up

That's looking better and better!, the white wheels are sweet....

Congrats...

Bry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 2006, 9:19 am
Veteran

Pirate,

What can is that and will it work with the new generation KGT? I suspect it may not work with the bags?

Sure is purtie though!!

Thanks!

Chris
NS, Canada

IBA, MOA, ONS

The mind knows no speed limit.

'06 GT - CGM "Katie"
'84 Airhead "Rita"
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 2006, 10:25 am Thread Starter
Veteran

It's the new Remus PowerCone and No... it will NOT work on the new GT as far as I know ..only the R and S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIZIKS
Pirate,

What can is that and will it work with the new generation KGT? I suspect it may not work with the bags?

Sure is purtie though!!

Thanks!

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 2006, 11:41 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
It's the new Remus PowerCone and No... it will NOT work on the new GT as far as I know ..only the R and S.

Too bad, that's so purdy it's almost worth trading bikes for.

Chris
NS, Canada

IBA, MOA, ONS

The mind knows no speed limit.

'06 GT - CGM "Katie"
'84 Airhead "Rita"
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 2006, 12:03 pm

Nice look, very clean installation.

On a side note, how hard is it to maintain that white wheel? I am contemplating powdercoating the front wheel blue and the rear white to match my blue/white S. Thanks
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 2006, 5:28 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Thx... Well..Cleaning ANY powder coated wheel is easier than ANY stock wheel as it's a smoother surface requiring less effort.. I don't use anything other than soap and water and/or Plexus if I get something other than dirt on them... Obviously dirt is more visible on some colors than others but it's nothing I ever think about. ..but I am seriously disturbed.. Quite right..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 748
Nice look, very clean installation.

How hard is it to maintain that white wheel? I am contemplating powdercoating the front wheel blue and the rear white to match my blue/white S. Thanks

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 8:27 pm
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
a few weeks back I had ordered one of Pack Parts Carbon Fiber Exhaust Brackets (# 300.10.02)
Linky?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 1:41 pm
JCW
contributor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode