k1200R Tires - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2017, 10:03 pm Thread Starter
Noob

k1200R Tires

What do you guys ride? I'm looking for something a little more aggressive than a touring tire, but still dual compound for the longer rides.

Any help would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2017, 7:31 pm

I've had great luck with Michelin Pilot Road 4's, probably twice the milage as the stock ones and better feel
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2017, 3:56 am
Noob

I ride a 2002 K1200P. Ex Australian police bike. A mate of mine is a highway patrol cop and he was riding a Honda ST1300. In police trim it weighed 385 kilograms. He put me on to the Michelin Pilot 4 tyres. He ran the Sport front and the touring rear. The touring rear has a harder centre compound. The tyre pressures he and I both run are 40 front and 42 rear psi. My K1200 is about 100 kilograms less than his at around 285 as per BMW spec.

I have super crisp handling on these tyres at these pressures wet or dry. They have phenomenal wet weather grip. You really need to test them in the wet and get your confidence from them. They hang on wet or dry .

I can notice when my pressures need checking. The bike feels doughy and turns into the front. I hardly ride my bike. It is 15 yr's old and only done 75,000 kilometres. It is in immaculate condition.

I recommend these tyres above all else. They are worthy to fit and ride on. I have been riding for over 30 yr's and used to road race and do enduros. I will get the same again whenever I wear them out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2017, 8:53 am
Veteran

I am currently riding Pilot Road 4 (GT type) on my K1200GT. I rode them in severe storms as well as ice, snow, and hail. They grip well under a wide variety of climate and weather conditions, and they last a long time. I will probably buy them again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode