Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA, USA
I have the BMW side case liners. They are superbly crafted and the fabric is tough and stiff, made of heavy cordura. The bottoms are made of thick rubber. You get what you pay for in craftsmanship and materials. Butt...
BMW Liner Pros:
* Well crafted, well made.
* Liners are rigid and self-standing. They won't flop over while you load them.
* The liners are matching and symmetrical. Both sides of each liner have a zipper pocket and a "flap" pocket with a velcro tab at the top. Thus, either bag can go in either side case.
* Form fitted for your GT or RT side cases. Maximizes the use of the space perfectly.
BMW Liner Cons:
* Form fitted for your GT or RT side cases. If you overpack even slightly, with the slightest bulge, the hard case won't close over the liner. (Typical expectation that you will do everything precisely the way it should be done.)
* The zipper and flap side pockets don't expand. They will hold papers and small items, but don't expect to stuff a shirt or sweater in them.
* The main compartment zipper runs across the middle of the top. As Ken says, you must pull the case out (at least part way) to get at your stuff.
* Because the main compartment zipper is across the top, you stand the liner up and load through that zipper. It isn't the most convenient way to fill that case. Because it stands tall, it isn't convenient to get stuff that is on the bottom.
* Not that it matters much, but the liners do not have reflectors on them.
The BMW side case liners are very well made, but I would save the money and buy the Cee Bailey liners that Ken recommends. With the Cee Bailey side zippers, you can load your stuff with the liner on its side. Access to the liner's contents while it is in the hard case is much easier on the Cee Bailey. With the Cee Bailey liners, you get a lot more for the money, and a better design. With the BMW liners, you get top quality construction and materials, but perhaps not the optimum design.
Last edited by XMagnaRider; Sep 3rd, 2010 at 5:21 pm.