BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Rear Hugger for K1200S "07"

6K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  chuckheinch 
#1 ·
Looking around for a rear hugger for my bike that will get here in a few weeks. Some are on ebay but does anyone know where there are cheaper ones than $300+. Used would be even better. Thanks Greg

#2 ·
the only cheap ones are the copies you find on E-bay other than that your going to have to fork up the $$$$ i purchased the real deal paid $390 shipped to the USA. i am not sure how good the copies are but the one i have has a good amount of flex i thought it might rub on the tire but so far so good...

#7 ·
I just picked up a 2006 K1200S. A hugger, that would be nice. I've been looking for those things for all my bikes including front fender extenders. They do help allot on keeping the suspension clean. They use them allot in Europe but here in the States, they just don't put them on very many bikes except sport bikes.

I would like to get a hugger for my ZX14, K12S - that is for sure.

The hugger and the chain guard go together right? I don't like the metal one. Thinking more about carbon fiber. They say it will wear out faster though but isn't that what bikes do if you use them?

So that isn't a problem.

Ebay is that the only place? I know Pyramid Plastics makes fender extenders and huggers, I haven't checked yet about the BMW. I guess I'll check.

#8 ·
SportK12 said:
Sorry to get off track here but the small rubber pad that keeps the hugger from rubbing against stabilizer has come off on my hugger. Now when I ride I can here it bounce and hit the stabilizer. Has this happened to anyone else and what do you use to fix it?
yeah the idiots used a solid round rubber and sliced it... best way is get some Silicone Vac tube slit it and apply a small dab of super glue. that was teh first thing i did on mine... bike has 1100miles and it's still rock solid.

#9 ·
bikeguy said:
I just picked up a 2006 K1200S. A hugger, that would be nice. I've been looking for those things for all my bikes including front fender extenders. They do help allot on keeping the suspension clean. They use them allot in Europe but here in the States, they just don't put them on very many bikes except sport bikes.

I would like to get a hugger for my ZX14, K12S - that is for sure.

The hugger and the chain guard go together right? I don't like the metal one. Thinking more about carbon fiber. They say it will wear out faster though but isn't that what bikes do if you use them?

So that isn't a problem.

Ebay is that the only place? I know Pyramid Plastics makes fender extenders and huggers, I haven't checked yet about the BMW. I guess I'll check.

yeah no one makes a cheap CF version i saw ones on E-bay but i have no clue how good the copies are.

#10 ·
lagunas2k said:
yeah no one makes a cheap CF version i saw ones on E-bay but i have no clue how good the copies are.

hey JC, i got those one posted it on ebay, it worked out pretty good, here are some pictures:

cheers!

P.S. call me up for newbie rides with OCmoto man!!

#11 ·
that thing is sweet!!!!!

looks just like mine but the metal part where it bolts to the rear diff section looks beefy compared to my german made one.

to tell you the truth it looks identical to the one i have on my bike for a faction of the cost ;)

FYI i contacted the MFG to see if they can make a rear seat cowl like the HP 800 dollar carbon part that BMW makes. They said 6 months so i am crossing my fingers on that one...

I will keep you posted on the rides that take place @ OCMoto.... with all the rain going on only the hard core riders are doing rides and meets at this time.

But i will keep you posted on what goes on..

#13 ·
thanks Man, the rims gets dirty so quick though...LOL :boom:

but, the hugger did do its job, making the undertail section real clean!

next thing, exhaust....thinking of leo Vince Factory Evo carbon...what do ya thin?

#14 ·
tonytsai0429 said:
thanks Man, the rims gets dirty so quick though...LOL :boom:

but, the hugger did do its job, making the undertail section real clean!

next thing, exhaust....thinking of leo Vince Factory Evo carbon...what do ya thin?

I had the leo in carbon it was nice sounding looked trick but i wanted more... My friend (that shop that you went to pick up the HIDs) he got me a remus full Ti back exahust i don't like how the can looks in comparison to the Leo but i love how it sounds and how it feels.

With just the slipon i noticed that the bike had more back fire and it tends to stumble on decel for some reason. with the header/exhaust it didn't do this at all...

Let me know if you want a remus pipe i can help you out....

Oh yeah not sure if you ride 2 up but if you get the leo i have the evoluzionize exhaust hanger in black... i used it for 2 weeks with the leo exhaust which was 2 weeks old before i sold it. you can have it but you will have to take out your rear pegs.

#15 ·
lagunas2k said:
I had the leo in carbon it was nice sounding looked trick but i wanted more... My friend (that shop that you went to pick up the HIDs) he got me a remus full Ti back exahust i don't like how the can looks in comparison to the Leo but i love how it sounds and how it feels.

With just the slipon i noticed that the bike had more back fire and it tends to stumble on decel for some reason. with the header/exhaust it didn't do this at all...

Let me know if you want a remus pipe i can help you out....

Oh yeah not sure if you ride 2 up but if you get the leo i have the evoluzionize exhaust hanger in black... i used it for 2 weeks with the leo exhaust which was 2 weeks old before i sold it. you can have it but you will have to take out your rear pegs.
you da man!!

can you get remus powercone?

#17 ·
back fire might occur because of the leak.

i remember my k12r did that alot, and reinstalled the slipon properly again, and eliminated less back firing.

what year is your K? :xcheer:

#18 ·
tonytsai0429 said:
hey JC, i got those one posted it on ebay, it worked out pretty good, here are some pictures:

cheers!

P.S. call me up for newbie rides with OCmoto man!!

JC, quick question, do i have to do special treatment to the screws when I install the hugger (loctite glue)? Will anything leak from the shaft drive if i don't?

thanks!

#19 ·
tonytsai0429 said:
JC, quick question, do i have to do special treatment to the screws when I install the hugger (loctite glue)? Will anything leak from the shaft drive if i don't?

thanks!
nothing will leak from the screws.... i didn't put loctite on mine because when i took off the screw it had some left in on it. they use a Wurth type thread locker white paste so i just simply put it back on and tightened it down. didn't even torqe it basically tight to snug plus 1/4 turn more.

so far so good! :clap:

#20 ·
so, do you notice your left side of rear rim gets dirtier then right side? alot dirtier!! :wtf:

wondering if there is any leaking from the shaft?

#21 ·
no i don't notice more dirt... but the left side of the rim gets more brake dust than the right...

you should not be leaking fluid because it's the top 3 bolts and it's basically a cover plate threading into a cast section which is sealed off...

are you getting grease stains?

#22 ·
lagunas2k said:
no i don't notice more dirt... but the left side of the rim gets more brake dust than the right...

you should not be leaking fluid because it's the top 3 bolts and it's basically a cover plate threading into a cast section which is sealed off...

are you getting grease stains?

phew...thats a relief.... :rotf:

yeah...grease stains...thats what it is...should i be sweating!?!

#23 ·
no it's probably from the road because the diff is actually packed with a thick fluid... and it would be dripping, you're probably getting grease stains from the bearing being new or the seal of the bearing being broken in???

keep an eye on it if the grease stain does not stop then :wtf:

#24 ·
K1200S CF Rear hugger for sale

I have a rear carbon-fiber Ilmburger rear hugger I am selling ($250 including delivery to anywhere in the US) that is off of my 'old' '06 K1200S. I have the new K1300S but, of course, it won't fit, so it's up for grabs.

It's only been on the bike for a bit over a year with about 4k driven miles, all in good weather, so it's in perfect shape.

Please write me directly at david@tonsavon.com if interested. Thanks!

Attachments

#26 ·
Soapkng said:
I have a rear carbon-fiber Ilmburger rear hugger I am selling ($250 including delivery to anywhere in the US) that is off of my 'old' '06 K1200S. I have the new K1300S but, of course, it won't fit, so it's up for grabs.

It's only been on the bike for a bit over a year with about 4k driven miles, all in good weather, so it's in perfect shape.

Please write me directly at david@tonsavon.com if interested. Thanks!
Interesting ..why won't the hugger fit on the 1300??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.