K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion
Home Forums Files Gallery Email Articles Surveys Calendar Technical

Community Announcements

We know it has been a challenging few years for all of us, but last year was especially challenging for the support of this community. We had some significant expenses, while the support from our membership continues to be significantly smaller than years past. If you appreciate this community and want to see it continue to grow and improve, it is important that you support us through subscriptions. We are only supported by the community and a hand full of supporting dealers and vendors. We have continued to keep this community free of intrusive advertising and banners, unlike most other online communities, but if we cannot pay the bills, we will be forced to look at some sort of advertising in the near future. If you are not a member, please take a moment and purchase a subscription.

Please thank the Vendors and Dealers who support this community by giving them a chance to earn your business.

Welcome to the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion.
The K-Bikes community exists to promote a friendly, on-line community specifically related to BMW's line of K-series motorcycles. The information on this site is primarily related to the BMW's K-based Sport Touring Motorcycles - the BMW K1200RS, K1200GT, K1200S, and K1200R; however, all riders who share many similar interests amongst the larger BMW rider community are welcome to join in on the fun.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. In order to use most of the features of the site, you must register. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any questions regarding this community, please use the Contact Us form and an we will get back to you ASAP.

Go Back   K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion > Bikes > K1200RS/GT (Classic)
User Name
Password
Register Site FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 30th, 2007, 7:49 am
Noob

sidecar

has anyone mounted a sidecar on their KRS?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 30th, 2007, 7:02 pm

Cool Sidecar mount

Yep
somebody did 'cause I saw the outfit for sale on ebay a few months back. It was very neat job as I recall, dakar yellow taxi, the sidecar from the pics seemed to have been partly fabricated from matching KRS fairing parts, it look the business.

Can't tell you any more than that

Nigeldav
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 11:03 am
Enthusiast

Smile

I was just up at the Finger Lakes BMW Rally this past weekend. I saw two or three KRS' with side cars. The best setup was the Hannigan side car with center hub steering on the bike. Real sweet looking.
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 9:35 pm
Noob

2003 K1200RS & Hannigan Sidecar

My rig is a 2003 K1200RS with Hannigan Car, color matched in light blue. Looks great. Really stable but I've only been to 95 mph for a few seconds at a time to pass. Cruises all day at 75mph no problem at all. Has electric camber adjust for on the fly changes to make steering effort the least possible. 12k on the odometer, 4k of them are mine. Second hack I've owned. Really like it.
Old Oct 17th, 2013, 12:00 am

2004 K12GT with Hannigan Astro Sport sidecar, mounted by Hannigan. Great touring rig, hauls two people and camping gear (10cu ft. of trunk space!) and cruises all day at 75 or better. If you do a car, have the manufacturer mount it using their subframe as rigging a subframe on these bikes is tricky. Also, spend the money for the SteerLite setup or you will have a lot of hard work ahead of you in the twisties. Lastly, if your sidecar vendor is going to tie the S/C brake into the bike's brake system and ABS, make sure you demonstrate before installation that ABS is working just fine and than you expect the same when the job is done.

On my rig I've added a C.Stanley Motorsports car tire conversion setup and am running 155/80R15 rear tire, getting 12-14k out of a rear tire compared to <4k on MC tires. Fuel range is about 140 miles on a tank so I'm adding a fuel cell to get the range up to 225 miles/tank or so. Next item on my list is convert the handlebars to tubular bars so I can get a higher/wider bar to help with steering.

So, what else would you like to know??

Best,

GTRider