K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion
Home Forums Files Gallery Email Articles Surveys Calendar Technical

Community Announcements

We know it has been a challenging few years for all of us, but last year was especially challenging for the support of this community. We had some significant expenses, while the support from our membership continues to be significantly smaller than years past. If you appreciate this community and want to see it continue to grow and improve, it is important that you support us through subscriptions. We are only supported by the community and a hand full of supporting dealers and vendors. We have continued to keep this community free of intrusive advertising and banners, unlike most other online communities, but if we cannot pay the bills, we will be forced to look at some sort of advertising in the near future. If you are not a member, please take a moment and purchase a subscription.

Please thank the Vendors and Dealers who support this community by giving them a chance to earn your business.

Welcome to the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion.
The K-Bikes community exists to promote a friendly, on-line community specifically related to BMW's line of K-series motorcycles. The information on this site is primarily related to the BMW's K-based Sport Touring Motorcycles - the BMW K1200RS, K1200GT, K1200S, and K1200R; however, all riders who share many similar interests amongst the larger BMW rider community are welcome to join in on the fun.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. In order to use most of the features of the site, you must register. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any questions regarding this community, please use the Contact Us form and an we will get back to you ASAP.

Go Back   K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion > Bikes > K12/1300S
User Name
Password
Register Site FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 31st, 2008, 1:00 pm
Noob

Rear Hugger for K1200S "07"

Looking around for a rear hugger for my bike that will get here in a few weeks. Some are on ebay but does anyone know where there are cheaper ones than $300+. Used would be even better. Thanks Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 1:34 am
Rookie

the only cheap ones are the copies you find on E-bay other than that your going to have to fork up the $$$$ i purchased the real deal paid $390 shipped to the USA. i am not sure how good the copies are but the one i have has a good amount of flex i thought it might rub on the tire but so far so good...
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 8:32 am
Noob

Sorry to get off track here but the small rubber pad that keeps the hugger from rubbing against stabilizer has come off on my hugger. Now when I ride I can here it bounce and hit the stabilizer. Has this happened to anyone else and what do you use to fix it?
Old Sep 4th, 2008, 10:00 am

noisy hugger

I used those pads you stick to the bottom of a chair leg to keep from scratching wood floors.
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 11:50 am
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyg
I used those pads you stick to the bottom of a chair leg to keep from scratching wood floors.

How is that option holding up fpr you?
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 2:03 pm

It has slid down maybe 1/4 inch, but has stayed and there is no more vibrating carbon on metal noise.
Old Sep 19th, 2008, 6:23 pm
Rookie

I just picked up a 2006 K1200S. A hugger, that would be nice. I've been looking for those things for all my bikes including front fender extenders. They do help allot on keeping the suspension clean. They use them allot in Europe but here in the States, they just don't put them on very many bikes except sport bikes.

I would like to get a hugger for my ZX14, K12S - that is for sure.

The hugger and the chain guard go together right? I don't like the metal one. Thinking more about carbon fiber. They say it will wear out faster though but isn't that what bikes do if you use them?

So that isn't a problem.

Ebay is that the only place? I know Pyramid Plastics makes fender extenders and huggers, I haven't checked yet about the BMW. I guess I'll check.
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 1:40 am
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportK12
Sorry to get off track here but the small rubber pad that keeps the hugger from rubbing against stabilizer has come off on my hugger. Now when I ride I can here it bounce and hit the stabilizer. Has this happened to anyone else and what do you use to fix it?

yeah the idiots used a solid round rubber and sliced it... best way is get some Silicone Vac tube slit it and apply a small dab of super glue. that was teh first thing i did on mine... bike has 1100miles and it's still rock solid.
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 1:42 am
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeguy
I just picked up a 2006 K1200S. A hugger, that would be nice. I've been looking for those things for all my bikes including front fender extenders. They do help allot on keeping the suspension clean. They use them allot in Europe but here in the States, they just don't put them on very many bikes except sport bikes.

I would like to get a hugger for my ZX14, K12S - that is for sure.

The hugger and the chain guard go together right? I don't like the metal one. Thinking more about carbon fiber. They say it will wear out faster though but isn't that what bikes do if you use them?

So that isn't a problem.

Ebay is that the only place? I know Pyramid Plastics makes fender extenders and huggers, I haven't checked yet about the BMW. I guess I'll check.

yeah no one makes a cheap CF version i saw ones on E-bay but i have no clue how good the copies are.
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 6:40 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagunas2k
yeah no one makes a cheap CF version i saw ones on E-bay but i have no clue how good the copies are.

hey JC, i got those one posted it on ebay, it worked out pretty good, here are some pictures:

cheers!

P.S. call me up for newbie rides with OCmoto man!!