K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion
Home Forums Files Gallery Email Articles Surveys Calendar Technical

Community Announcements

We know it has been a challenging few years for all of us, but last year was especially challenging for the support of this community. We had some significant expenses, while the support from our membership continues to be significantly smaller than years past. If you appreciate this community and want to see it continue to grow and improve, it is important that you support us through subscriptions. We are only supported by the community and a hand full of supporting dealers and vendors. We have continued to keep this community free of intrusive advertising and banners, unlike most other online communities, but if we cannot pay the bills, we will be forced to look at some sort of advertising in the near future. If you are not a member, please take a moment and purchase a subscription.

Please thank the Vendors and Dealers who support this community by giving them a chance to earn your business.

Welcome to the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion.
The K-Bikes community exists to promote a friendly, on-line community specifically related to BMW's line of K-series motorcycles. The information on this site is primarily related to the BMW's K-based Sport Touring Motorcycles - the BMW K1200RS, K1200GT, K1200S, and K1200R; however, all riders who share many similar interests amongst the larger BMW rider community are welcome to join in on the fun.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. In order to use most of the features of the site, you must register. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any questions regarding this community, please use the Contact Us form and an we will get back to you ASAP.

Go Back   K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion > Bikes > K12/1300S
User Name
Password
Register Site FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 4th, 2012, 1:30 pm
Noob

Unhappy Remus vs. Akrapovic Exhaust

Hello all,

I have been researching for the best product / trying to find the difference between the Remus Hexacone Titanium Slip on (with catalytic converter) vs. Akrapovic Titanium Slip on apparently to no avail! Everyone's opinions seem to be all over the place!

I can get the Akro for $1450 and Remus for $800 (both before labor)

-- which sounds better?
-- which looks better?
-- which is better quality and longer lasting?
-- is the Akro worth the greater price or is Remus just as good?

If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks and have a great day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 4th, 2012, 1:31 pm
Noob

Unhappy Remus vs. Akrapovic Exhaust

Hello all,

I have been researching for the best product / trying to find the difference between the Remus Hexacone Titanium Slip on (with catalytic converter) vs. Akrapovic Titanium Slip on apparently to no avail! Everyone's opinions seem to be all over the place!

I can get the Akro for $1450 and Remus for $800 (both before labor)

-- which sounds better?
-- which looks better?
-- which is better quality and longer lasting?
-- is the Akro worth the greater price or is Remus just as good?

If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks and have a great day.
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 2:27 pm
contributor

just go with whatever looks better to you and whatever you can afford.

there isn't enough of a performance difference to notice.
they both are significantly louder than stock, especially when on the throttle.

Build quality of both are nice but nowhere near OEM. That thing is built like a tank.

If it weren't for the weight of the OEM, I would have kept it.
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 9:21 am
Enthusiast

I've been running the full Akra carbon/titanium on my K12S, and have just started using a Remus titanium slip on for my new K13S. The Akra has a deeper sound, but both sound great. i'm trying to decide if i should remove the full Akra and install on the K13. Can't quite make up my mind. I like both, and the HP gains are minimal for the full exhaust. In you situation, i'd probably go with the less expensive Remus.
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 10:33 am
Enthusiast

Bought the bike with this on,ran awfull,didn't really like,sounded OK.

Then went to a Laser Tri Oval,didn't like that either,no photo.

Bought a second hand Akra,came more than cheap enough,when it arrived heart sank even in the parcel it weighed nothing in comparison to the others and was concerned about how noisey it would be,it wasn't I was amazed,IMO it looked better as well,and the real pay off the bike ran way better.

Here it is,make your own mind up.

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 6:57 am
Rookie

Wish you wouldn't keep showing those bloody wheels Chris LOL
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 2:43 pm
Enthusiast

I got lucky right place,right time and trader I bought e'm off had his head screwed on the right way,but now Dymag are back in business I'd go to them if I was going to do it again.
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 10:37 am
Enthusiast

Funny about the Remus Chris, as on my 13GT I too thought it ran worse, hence selling it and putting the Bazooka back on

2011 K1300GT
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 9:03 pm
contributor

Someone will have to explain to me how a straight through perforated pipe with a different label makes a noticeable difference in perceived performance.

Difference from stock is understandable but all the aftermarkets that i have seen are just a straight perforated pipe.
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 2:18 am
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCW
Someone will have to explain to me how a straight through perforated pipe with a different label makes a noticeable difference in perceived performance.

Difference from stock is understandable but all the aftermarkets that i have seen are just a straight perforated pipe.

I dont know enough technically to explain, but I know there are massive differences, if you can find it go look at the early K1200RS websites that Shiva did, I remember they did a dyno test of about 3 different aftermarket pipes, and it was astonishing.

2011 K1300GT