K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion
Home Forums Files Gallery Email Articles Surveys Calendar Technical

Community Announcements

We know it has been a challenging few years for all of us, but last year was especially challenging for the support of this community. We had some significant expenses, while the support from our membership continues to be significantly smaller than years past. If you appreciate this community and want to see it continue to grow and improve, it is important that you support us through subscriptions. We are only supported by the community and a hand full of supporting dealers and vendors. We have continued to keep this community free of intrusive advertising and banners, unlike most other online communities, but if we cannot pay the bills, we will be forced to look at some sort of advertising in the near future. If you are not a member, please take a moment and purchase a subscription.

Please thank the Vendors and Dealers who support this community by giving them a chance to earn your business.

Welcome to the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion.
The K-Bikes community exists to promote a friendly, on-line community specifically related to BMW's line of K-series motorcycles. The information on this site is primarily related to the BMW's K-based Sport Touring Motorcycles - the BMW K1200RS, K1200GT, K1200S, and K1200R; however, all riders who share many similar interests amongst the larger BMW rider community are welcome to join in on the fun.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. In order to use most of the features of the site, you must register. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any questions regarding this community, please use the Contact Us form and an we will get back to you ASAP.

Go Back   K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion > Bikes > K1200RS/GT (Classic)
User Name
Password
Register Site FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 12:08 pm
Addict

Uni-Go Trailer update

I've been looking to purchase a Uni-Go trailer for the RS the past few years and I'm finally taking the plunge, mainly for all the camping I do and the Beemer Rally in Vermont this year. The Uni-Go is now made here in the States, my home State of Ohio, recently adopted since the State of Confusion was taken. http://uni-go.us/ When you go to the "Hitches" application chart, BMW, there is no listing for the K1200RS. WHAT!!!
Upon further investigating, and keeping this story to a short novel, here's the skinny. It took some proding and poking but they are up to speed with the K1200RS hitch. Several guys from the factory have RS's and are feverishly working on the hitch even as we speak, 24/7, through rain and sleet, never resting until.........oh, sorry. Anyway, they are getting after it. Drop them a line or drop me a line for the hard facts. I'll be more than happy to share my knowledge, no matter how little, on this subject. Have a Great Ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 7:24 pm
Enthusiast

Sweet.....I've often though ne of these would be cool, but the cost for it is just too much for the 2-3 times a year I would use it.....However, since they are made in Cinci, I'd love to go down and check the place out sometime....

Wouldn't it be cool if I could just buy a hitch from them and then occasionally just rent a trailer when I need it???
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 7:47 pm
Looking for better limits...

Send a message via AIM to Razel
If I recall correctly (and that's a big if...) the trailer hitch on the bike may knock off the triangular adjustment knob (rebound adjustment) on the stock rear shock. Not that this is a critical function that will automatically cancel any plans riding, but it could be a bit of a surprise. I haven't seen how things hook up, but if you get the chance to observe an existing hitch, you might consider replacing the shock with an Ohlins or Wilbers prior to getting a hitch installed.
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 10:01 pm
Enthusiast

Thumbs up No Hitch Trailer...

Check out www.mmaccessories.us/ ( i hope i got that right)and click on trailers. The trailer company is motogoodies. Kind of cool. NO HITCH NEEDED. Not sure if they fit GT/RS, but it says they fit BMW bikes. Worth investigating to avoid that hitch, and it looks like they would have a negligible effect on your ride. Let us know what you find out. Cheers.

Last edited by fastjohnny : Feb 3rd, 2006 at 10:06 pm.
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 12:09 am
Addict

Send a message via ICQ to alowishus Send a message via AIM to alowishus Send a message via MSN to alowishus Send a message via Yahoo to alowishus
Uni-Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbler
I've been looking to purchase a Uni-Go trailer for the RS the past few years and I'm finally taking the plunge, mainly for all the camping I do and the Beemer Rally in Vermont this year. The Uni-Go is now made here in the States, my home State of Ohio, recently adopted since the State of Confusion was taken. http://uni-go.us/ When you go to the "Hitches" application chart, BMW, there is no listing for the K1200RS. WHAT!!!
Upon further investigating, and keeping this story to a short novel, here's the skinny. It took some proding and poking but they are up to speed with the K1200RS hitch. Several guys from the factory have RS's and are feverishly working on the hitch even as we speak, 24/7, through rain and sleet, never resting until.........oh, sorry. Anyway, they are getting after it. Drop them a line or drop me a line for the hard facts. I'll be more than happy to share my knowledge, no matter how little, on this subject. Have a Great Ride!

I know the folks that own the company that make Uni-Go - good people. I've had an opportunity to see the trainer in action and I'll haveta admit - it's actually pretty snazzy as far as trailers go.....

I'm actually suprised they didn't have something setup for the RS/GT - I think the first time I saw one it was on a R-bike......

Anyway, good luck with 'em and let us know if you get one - maybe we can meet up for lunch/dinner/whatever somewhere (I'm in Cincinnati also)...

Alow
IBA #22048

"This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat."
- Hunter S. Thompson
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 7:54 am
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razel
If I recall correctly (and that's a big if...) the trailer hitch on the bike may knock off the triangular adjustment knob (rebound adjustment) on the stock rear shock. Not that this is a critical function that will automatically cancel any plans riding, but it could be a bit of a surprise. I haven't seen how things hook up, but if you get the chance to observe an existing hitch, you might consider replacing the shock with an Ohlins or Wilbers prior to getting a hitch installed.

This was/is true of the original hitch. Cousi had his break. I inspected mine and could see where the was some contact. I know that he and I notified the original manufacturer of this, and I think they pulled that model until it could be modiified. I used a ball peen hammer to slightly indent the inside of the tube to gain some clearance.
BTW, I pull a large Bunkhouse trailer with this setup, very stable.
You will hear some folks complain about the UniGo at speed, creating a bit of a wobble. My opinion is this is because the single track trailer can create more of a sided to side load, as opposed to a 2 wheel trailer that does not. I've never pulled a Unigo, no direct experience there.
www.earplugco.com
You rarely see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office......
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 1:06 pm

Question motogoodies trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastjohnny
Check out www.mmaccessories.us/ ( i hope i got that right)and click on trailers. The trailer company is motogoodies. Kind of cool. NO HITCH NEEDED. Not sure if they fit GT/RS, but it says they fit BMW bikes. Worth investigating to avoid that hitch, and it looks like they would have a negligible effect on your ride. Let us know what you find out. Cheers.

Interesting, seems like they have been around for a while in EU. Anyone over the pond who's tied the motogoodies trailer?

Eric
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  motogoodies.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  23.3 KB  
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 6:29 pm
Just saying hey

motogoodies trailer

Does any one now how I can buy a Raptor 200 http://www.motogoodies.com/Scripts/Offer_EN_2006.html I have been emailing them for a week and been looking on the web on where to buy one?? can anyone HELP. Any comments on the trailer as well?? I know Un-I-Go is now in the US but I would like the Raptor. It will handle at higher speeds better.

Marty