K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion
Home Forums Files Gallery Email Articles Surveys Calendar Technical

Community Announcements

We know it has been a challenging few years for all of us, but last year was especially challenging for the support of this community. We had some significant expenses, while the support from our membership continues to be significantly smaller than years past. If you appreciate this community and want to see it continue to grow and improve, it is important that you support us through subscriptions. We are only supported by the community and a hand full of supporting dealers and vendors. We have continued to keep this community free of intrusive advertising and banners, unlike most other online communities, but if we cannot pay the bills, we will be forced to look at some sort of advertising in the near future. If you are not a member, please take a moment and purchase a subscription.

Please thank the Vendors and Dealers who support this community by giving them a chance to earn your business.

Welcome to the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion.
The K-Bikes community exists to promote a friendly, on-line community specifically related to BMW's line of K-series motorcycles. The information on this site is primarily related to the BMW's K-based Sport Touring Motorcycles - the BMW K1200RS, K1200GT, K1200S, and K1200R; however, all riders who share many similar interests amongst the larger BMW rider community are welcome to join in on the fun.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. In order to use most of the features of the site, you must register. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any questions regarding this community, please use the Contact Us form and an we will get back to you ASAP.

Go Back   K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion > Bikes > K1200RS/GT (Classic)
User Name
Password
Register Site FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 7th, 2013, 8:38 pm
Noob

Modifying the stock exhaust

I'm probably going to be scorned for this. I wanted a little more noise for my bike, in the end i will get something custom fabricated. I did something similar to my other motorcycle which was a 06 vstar 1100 with great results. Here's a short video of the results. I put the cap back on and it made the muffler a little quieter. I like it for now, just another option for those people who don't want to spend big $ on a remus setup.

http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/d...V_0019.mp4.html

Old Nov 10th, 2013, 1:44 pm
Addict

Do you mean something dramatic like this: Sorry I can't remember the poster, but they may pop up, take the credit and explain their work.

Looks like an angle grinder cutting disc job to me. That won't make you popular in the neighborhood for early morning commutes to work or Leos with decibel meters!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Closeup.JPG
Views: 37
Size:  89.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Cross section of cat.JPG
Views: 37
Size:  62.9 KB  
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 9:02 am
Noob

WOAH! That's pretty intense. But no, I want to get a supertrapp muffler on.
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 12:10 pm
Noob

So thanks to voxmagna i ended up trying what he posted. I'm not sure who did this first, but its a pretty crazy way of attacking the oem muffler. I also like it cause it makes the exhaust short and you have an open view to the rim.

http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/d...V_0041.mp4.html
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 1:27 pm
Addict

Well I don't know anybody else that did it.

Does that give you enough noise now?

Does your bike sound similar to anything else on the road or track? Pity we can't post up MP3's here, although you could probably find a host - what about YouTube? Will it handle the decibels!
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 3:16 pm
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxmagna
Well I don't know anybody else that did it.

Does that give you enough noise now?

Does your bike sound similar to anything else on the road or track? Pity we can't post up MP3's here, although you could probably find a host - what about YouTube? Will it handle the decibels!

Yup, that's enough noise. It kind of sounds like a harley at idle, but screams full throttle. I will take a better video and post it soon.