K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion
Home Forums Files Gallery Email Articles Surveys Calendar Technical

Community Announcements

We know it has been a challenging few years for all of us, but last year was especially challenging for the support of this community. We had some significant expenses, while the support from our membership continues to be significantly smaller than years past. If you appreciate this community and want to see it continue to grow and improve, it is important that you support us through subscriptions. We are only supported by the community and a hand full of supporting dealers and vendors. We have continued to keep this community free of intrusive advertising and banners, unlike most other online communities, but if we cannot pay the bills, we will be forced to look at some sort of advertising in the near future. If you are not a member, please take a moment and purchase a subscription.

Please thank the Vendors and Dealers who support this community by giving them a chance to earn your business.

Welcome to the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion.
The K-Bikes community exists to promote a friendly, on-line community specifically related to BMW's line of K-series motorcycles. The information on this site is primarily related to the BMW's K-based Sport Touring Motorcycles - the BMW K1200RS, K1200GT, K1200S, and K1200R; however, all riders who share many similar interests amongst the larger BMW rider community are welcome to join in on the fun.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. In order to use most of the features of the site, you must register. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have any questions regarding this community, please use the Contact Us form and an we will get back to you ASAP.

Go Back   K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion > Bikes > K12/1300S
User Name
Password
Register Site FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 14th, 2006, 4:51 pm
Veteran

Pack Parts K1200S Exhaust Hanger Mod

As Amber has proclaimed she’d never get on the S again...(she hates the ergos) there was no reason to keep the rear peg carriers as they’d be as useless as tits on a badger....so... I modified them for this new, cleaner look. Thought I’d share in case anyone else has similar thoughts..

When I first looked at trashing the rear carriers I unbolted everything, pulled the crossbars back from the frame, then slid them out but quicky discovered 2 things.
1. The upper section of the bike looks naked without something there.. Just a naked hole.. not that there’s anything wrong with naked holes...
2. The bracket’s top section is kinda necessary “functionally” as it serves double duty as a support bracket for the oil reservoir on the inside.

I took both brackets to my local machinist and had them cut off ONLY the lower end leaving the top section to bolt right back into place above the crossbars. Took him about an hour to do both sides and charged me nuthin.. I gave him a PL cheesy tee shirt for his time as he wouldn’t accept money. Good guy.

In anticipation of the aforementioned mod, a few weeks back I had ordered one of Pack Parts Carbon Fiber Exhaust Brackets (# 300.10.02) which are designed for LASER exhausts hoping I could modify it to fit my Remus PowerCone. I couldn’t think of any logical reason why it wouldn’t work and as it turns out.. I was right.

All I had to do to make their part fit my Remus was elongate the existing bolt holes using my trusty Dremel and bolt it right on. The already upswept PowerCone had to be loosened and twisted upwards another full inch but otherwise.. it was an easy mod when compared to some.

Very happy with the clean look and honestly.. I can’t think of anything else I want to do to the bike.. except for RIDE it...or maybe add those Rizoma levers.. and the upcoming Rhinewest Chip.. and some Sato rearsets... and...er.. well..damn!!.. perhaps there are a FEW more things I need !!. If anyone needs any other details as to this mod.. let me know..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 14th, 2006, 6:24 pm
Addict

looks good, I like the up-swept pipe. The more we can see of the single swing arm the better. I find it odd that BMW took time to make the single swing arm, then also took time to hide it with the exhaust.
Old Dec 14th, 2006, 7:21 pm
Enthusiast

Thumbs up

That's looking better and better!, the white wheels are sweet....

Congrats...

Bry
Old Dec 15th, 2006, 9:19 am
Veteran

Pirate,

What can is that and will it work with the new generation KGT? I suspect it may not work with the bags?

Sure is purtie though!!

Thanks!

IBA, MOA, ONS

The mind knows no speed limit.

'06 GT - CGM "Katie"
'84 Airhead "Rita"
Old Dec 15th, 2006, 10:25 am
Veteran

It's the new Remus PowerCone and No... it will NOT work on the new GT as far as I know ..only the R and S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIZIKS
Pirate,

What can is that and will it work with the new generation KGT? I suspect it may not work with the bags?

Sure is purtie though!!

Thanks!

Old Dec 15th, 2006, 11:41 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
It's the new Remus PowerCone and No... it will NOT work on the new GT as far as I know ..only the R and S.

Too bad, that's so purdy it's almost worth trading bikes for.

IBA, MOA, ONS

The mind knows no speed limit.

'06 GT - CGM "Katie"
'84 Airhead "Rita"
Old Dec 15th, 2006, 12:03 pm

Nice look, very clean installation.

On a side note, how hard is it to maintain that white wheel? I am contemplating powdercoating the front wheel blue and the rear white to match my blue/white S. Thanks
Old Dec 15th, 2006, 5:28 pm
Veteran

Thx... Well..Cleaning ANY powder coated wheel is easier than ANY stock wheel as it's a smoother surface requiring less effort.. I don't use anything other than soap and water and/or Plexus if I get something other than dirt on them... Obviously dirt is more visible on some colors than others but it's nothing I ever think about. ..but I am seriously disturbed.. Quite right..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 748
Nice look, very clean installation.

How hard is it to maintain that white wheel? I am contemplating powdercoating the front wheel blue and the rear white to match my blue/white S. Thanks

Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 8:27 pm
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
a few weeks back I had ordered one of Pack Parts Carbon Fiber Exhaust Brackets (# 300.10.02)

Linky?
Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 1:41 pm
contributor