Finally decided to register insted of just lurking. - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 2019, 2:59 am Thread Starter
Noob

Garage
Finally decided to register insted of just lurking.

Not new to riding and have had 07 K1200GT about 4 years. Have reached a point where it is time to attempt to fully retire and decided I should go ahead and register for this forum so I have something to do while learning how to retire. I plan on getting a lot more miles on the K1200GT now that I don't have to travel a lot of dirt and gravel roads. My plans are to make the changes to the bike so that it is a lot more comfortable for long rides.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 2019, 4:08 pm
Noob

Welcome Gregory

Somewhat similar:

I have owned a variety of bikes since 1968. I have been retired 2-years.

Bought an 08 K12GT four years ago. Have a lot of travel miles on it but do not drive it daily. Thus far I have avoided dealer servicing except to replace tires: Which I have done in the past but the wrestling match gets tougher as I age. Most of the items I have addressed on it were relatively minor efforts though some were things you would think would never need address on a high quality machine...

Also own a middle aged Ducati Monster though it has had considerable rework to the riding position. I tend to gravitate toward it for 50-mile trips....
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 2019, 6:00 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory Towerton View Post
My plans are to make the changes to the bike so that it is a lot more comfortable for long rides.
What mods have you made so far?

2009 K1300 GT
1984 Kawasaki ZX750-E1 Turbo
1990 Kawasaki ZX600R
2005 R1200 RT - gone
2008 Honda CBR1000 RR - gone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 2019, 3:26 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Garage
As soon as it stops raining this weekend I will take pics as bike is currently and list what I have planned for mods/changes. I am 6'4" and about 225, so I start to feel cramped as it currently sits after about 60-75 miles. Any suggestions for mods/changes would be accepted.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Today, 6:59 am
Noob

Hi Gregory, If you feel cramped try these , They were a game changer for me on long trips!!
https://www.facebook.com/EstradaDesi...7212719696152/

I also installed a set of Heli bar risers which helped with riding position for my lower back, and I was able to find a used Russell day long seat with a backrest. Try a seat pad or an Air Hawk , sometimes small changes can make a big difference!! Good luck!

Last edited by richf62; Today at 7:05 am.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in