Messing with the squids - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 2009, 2:58 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Messing with the squids

Playing around with the dual cameras on the bike, I came up with this one:

Dual VIO POV.1 Cameras on the K1200GT

You can tell from the audio the thing is pulling well in 2nd and 3rd gear. No stumbles between shifts. Power FRK is working well in it too.

GMack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 21st, 2009, 5:26 am
Addict

Now I need that camera with a display I can see in the cockpit to add to my electronic counter measures!

Been looking at some security cameras with auto day/night operation, but I think I'd need remote zoom control on the lens. Waterproof 'bright in daytime' monitor displays aren't easy to find cheap. Perhaps one day they'll come up with something transparent and cheap I can just wrap on the screen, like head up displays.

Nice Vid.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2009, 9:48 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxmagna
Now I need that camera with a display I can see in the cockpit to add to my electronic counter measures!

Been looking at some security cameras with auto day/night operation, but I think I'd need remote zoom control on the lens. Waterproof 'bright in daytime' monitor displays aren't easy to find cheap. Perhaps one day they'll come up with something transparent and cheap I can just wrap on the screen, like head up displays.

Nice Vid.
The VIO recorder does have a LCD viewer on it that you can see. You can set it to turn off after so many minutes, or leave it on. No zoom though.

I'm still playing with the camera's different exposure modes (I bought their exposure firmware package) since I wasn't satisfied in Sequoia National Park where the forest can go from very from dark to very bright and it plays havoc with the exposure on screen.

Still, they work fairly well running off some Powercell 2700 mah AA batteries and a fast 8 gig SD card and runs about 5 hours off both. Sound is still a bit tricky, although I think I'm finally getting close (1"-2" long fuzzy fur covered microphone and the recorders set no more to Level 3 volume. I can't use their inline microphone so far as it picks up too much wind or engine noise rather than the exhaust note. Their microphone sounds a bit tinny too.

Oh, Mr. Sport Biker following me *thought* he was going to pass me on the left (notice he moves over after the turn to pass me). As you can see, that didn't happen.

Then he had the gall to say to me later as we were at the same event, "I got spanked by grandpa!" Hummph!

Mack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode