2008 Summer Solstice Rally Stowe Vermont - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 2:26 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

2008 Summer Solstice Rally Stowe Vermont

So it's set, the 2008 Summer Solstice Rally will again be in Stowe, Vermont.

Thursday Evening June 19th - Sunday the 22nd at ye Olde England Inn on the Mountain Road. It's close to town for those that might want to venture downtown on Stowe's famous Recreation Path.

Contact # 800-477-3771

Mention BMW Group when calling for these special rates:

~ $99 per night Sgl **

~ $109 per night Dbl **

~ Suites available for small groups (ask)

** (plus Tax and Gratuity)

~ Prices good through May 12th, then regular season rates will apply.

~ A one night deposit is required, 15 day cancellation period with a $25 cancellation fee.

The pub has 150 varieties of beer from all over the world.

Worth Mentioning - Because of state law, there is no alcohol allowed in the parking lot or on the grounds that wasn't purchased there. You can have it in your room.

The owner Chris Francis, has offered a bike washing station (no hotel towels needed).

The bike path and bike rentals are right across the road from the inn.

The Rides:

For those that come Thursday, on Friday we will be riding in the Adirondacks and meeting near Lake Placid at Tail O' The Pup. Those coming Friday can meet us there.

Saturday's ride will be in Vermont's Northeast Kingdom with lunch at The Eastside Restaurant in Newport.

Any questions????

Hope to see you there!

02 K12RS (Molested)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 4:44 pm
Enthusiast

Looks interesting, I'll have to check my work schedule!

.....Mike
'10 K1300GT
Royal Blue Metallic
Garmin Zumo 660
Nolan N-103 w/ BT Kit
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2008, 6:48 pm
TJD
Rookie

Stowe Rally?

Hey guys - What is the demographic like at rallies like this? I've never attended one and I'm wondering whether my wife and I would fit in. I'm new to BMW, rode an HD prior and am not really a techie guy. Absolutley love my KGT though and would like to build a group of North East guys to ride with now and then. 40 years old, couple kids at home and a wife who's never accompanied me on a ride. Not sure whether I'd be bringing the wife on this one but I'd like to choose a first ride event that entices her to join me again!

Thanks for any insight -

TJD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 7:18 am Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJD
Hey guys - What is the demographic like at rallies like this? I've never attended one and I'm wondering whether my wife and I would fit in. I'm new to BMW, rode an HD prior and am not really a techie guy. Absolutley love my KGT though and would like to build a group of North East guys to ride with now and then. 40 years old, couple kids at home and a wife who's never accompanied me on a ride. Not sure whether I'd be bringing the wife on this one but I'd like to choose a first ride event that entices her to join me again!

Thanks for any insight -
If you're breathing and can ride or ride on a motorcycle, you will fit in just fine.

Mid forties is probably the average age with all types from empty-nester couples to singles.
This would be a perfect first rally for your wife to come to. After riding all day to get here, she may not feel like sitting in the saddle anymore, she can walk or rent a bicycle to go a short distance into town to the shops while you explore the many roads on your new GT.

There is no set itinerary, but we typically gather after breakfast to decide where we'll try to meet for lunch. We'll have maps and suggested routes laid out. Or, to borrow the motto of the Triumph riders, you can "Go Your Own Way".
In the evening we'll gather for dinner and drinks in the lounge. Last year, on Saturday evening, we went across the street at the pizza joint where we had the whole deck to ourselves. The inn also has a pool and hot tub to relax in after a hard day of riding.

Hope you and the wife can find the time to make it!

02 K12RS (Molested)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 9:47 am
TJD
Rookie

Stowe Rally

Thanks for the feedback Corsi. Stowe is a beautiful spot and the riding to and fro is awesome. I've not been out to Lake Placid yet....I may push to make this one. I had plans to do an Arcadia State Park trip in June but that may not come to pass.

Are these things open to non-BMW riders? I've got a few Euro bike buddies that may be interested as well.

Thanks again,
Tim

TJD
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 12:51 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJD
Are these things open to non-BMW riders? I've got a few Euro bike buddies that may be interested as well.
Certainly, all riders are welcome.

02 K12RS (Molested)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 6:42 am
Veteran

Like to take a ride up.....probly a day trip....seein I missed gay ski week ..maybe do some "old hippy" lookin..... ....any word on group rides on the way up?...times and routes?....would be fun
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 7:47 am Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAK04GT
Like to take a ride up.....probly a day trip....seein I missed gay ski week ..maybe do some "old hippy" lookin..... ....any word on group rides on the way up?...times and routes?....would be fun
Best you not go to the inn during the day,,,,,,, nobody's going to be there. Well, maybe a stray spouse or two that didn't want to ride that day. Instead meet at one of the lunch spots mentioned above. Beware though, they can change with the weather, literally. Last year we swapped days because of a storm coming through.
Don't know of any group rides up. Most straggle in at all times.

02 K12RS (Molested)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2008, 3:30 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Bump
One month left to make your plans. If the Inn is full there are other places close by.

02 K12RS (Molested)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode