BMW at Sturgis? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2008, 7:25 pm Thread Starter

BMW at Sturgis?

All,
My family all ride that "other" type of motorcycle and are urging me to take the drive to Sturgis this year. Anyone ever done it on a BMW? Experiences and acceptance stories?

thanks,
Rob

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:01 am
2 heads are better than 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelliott
All,
My family all ride that "other" type of motorcycle and are urging me to take the drive to Sturgis this year. Anyone ever done it on a BMW? Experiences and acceptance stories?

thanks,
Rob
I think you'll be fine, I hear folks show up on all kinds of bikes, although HDs are the dominant brand, obviously. Besides, I'm fairly sure you could whip all the posing dentists and CPAs who are hanging out there trying to look tough.

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 BMW R1200RT Polar Metallic
2008 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S Red (of course)

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 2008, 1:34 pm
Noob

25 years ago you likely would have had a problem. I rode through on a GT last year. Now it's Winnebagos, motorcycle trailers, and middle aged men trying to dress up like outlaw bikers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 2008, 5:58 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelliott
All,

thanks,
Rob

did they say "drive"?....Laconia is on...and its real slow....nobody cares what you ride.....its just a big money maker now.....load pipes and tourist driving cars and wearing hd tee shirts.....it was so much better 15 20 years ago...now its just a joke.....no real riders....its all set up like a pre school or a cruse ship...I remember my first time going back in the 70s....it was all tents for miles....no showers had to cook your own food it was one of the most fun times i had..sure there were fights and drunks but that was part of the fun......now its hotels and hot tubs.....you still get a couple of toothless biker babes picked up at a nearby trailer court...now it s boobs and spray on tan.....oh..and that little tatoo on the small of their back....

Last edited by BAK04GT; Jun 14th, 2008 at 6:23 pm.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 2008, 3:56 am
Rookie

Go!!

I doubt anyone will even pay attention to you. Go and have a great time. Don't forget to buy a t-shirt at the Harley dealer on main street.

Mr. Pete--->

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode