K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion - View Single Post - 6000 mile service due. Where to go?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2008, 10:20 am Thread Starter
charliebrown
Noob

6000 mile service due. Where to go?

I am coming up on my 6000 mile service check for my GT. I have the choice of several dealers in the northern Illinois area and am asking for advice. I am in Crystal Lake and there are 3 BMW dealerships within reasonable distance and was wondering about your opinion of each pertaining to their maintenance departments.

1. CycleWerks of Barrington. I've been to that dealer several times and was not impressed with their sales department. From what I understand, the owner has been trying to sell but has run into difficulty with some of BMW's provisions and the like. Is their service department much better? These guys are closest to me and would be most convenient. Any complaints or recommendations? Loaner bikes?

2. Chicago BMW. Downtown Chicago on N. Western. This is where I purchased my bike and had no problems with the sales. However several co-workers have had their bikes serviced there and all three came out with complaints, ranging from severely scratched rims on a simple tire change, to missing bolts and fasteners.

3. BMW Motorcycles of Milwaukee. I know nothing about these folks, but they are only about 30 minutes further drive than downtown to Chicago BMW. Excuse for a road trip!

I've also heard good things about Gina's BMW in Iowa City but that's across the state. However, if enough recommendations are received about this dealership, I am not adverse to making a day or two of it.

Any advice or other recommendations?
Bruce

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome