K1600GT &GTL US Pricing Available - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2011, 1:26 pm Thread Starter

K1600GT &GTL US Pricing Available

I was picking up a part at my local US dealer the other day and they mentioned they had gotten pricing for the 1600 this past Saturday. I know the GT was $20,xxx and thought they said the GTL was $23,xxx as base prices. I'm not sure how much detail they have on options and accessories as it was a passing conversation on my way out the door.

I did not see prices on BMW's web page but apparently the US dealers have at least some pricing information at this point for those who are interested.

'12 K1600GTL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2011, 8:06 am

I was put off by BMW's decision to post pre-sale pricing based on the cost of the base model. I contacted my dealer to put me on the list and at that time asked them for numbers based on my trade since it was there for service at the time. What I found out was that all of the bikes offered during this pre-sale offer were NOT base models but in fact fully loaded models. That shot there posted pre-sale price up from $20k up to $24k. This is simply false advertising as I see it. This image taken directly from the BMW face book page implies that the pre-sale pricing of the K1600GT will be $20,900.00. There is no fine print that says anything about price based on MSRP of a base model and the models offered during the pre-sale may be higher. It was at that time that I decided I'll no longer be riding the first year release of the 1600. My 1300 GT is running great so I'm good for now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bmw presale.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	12907  

2009 K1300GT
My Photo Site

Last edited by DGShaffer; Feb 20th, 2011 at 8:12 am.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode