K1600GT preorder program ends today 2/26/11 - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2011, 11:26 am Thread Starter
Noob

K1600GT preorder program ends today 2/26/11

Emailed to me from BMW of Denver yesterday. You would think I would have had more than a day's notice to check my sofa cushions for spare change:

Pre-Order Program for the new K1600GT/GTL ends Saturday, February 26th

Greetings!

Due to overwhelming national demand for the new 6-cylinder K1600GT and K1600GTL, the pre-order cutoff has been moved up one month. Pricing is as follows for fully equipped bikes: K1600GT - $24,540.00, K1600GTL - $25,845.00 (freight not included). Contact us today to reserve your bike for the 2011 riding season. Click below to see some great footage of the K1600GT in action in South Africa - what a sweet sounding engine!

Denver Dave
2007 K12GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2011, 3:47 pm
Enthusiast

It's a form to fill out, a drivers license to scan, a small 100 dollar deposit and the wait begins. The program was to end Monday but since most shops are closed Sunday and others on Monday too, this was the last effective date anyways.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2011, 6:06 am

Let it end. After getting all excited myself with the presale price they were posting I went ahead and put my name on the list. Then I started talking trade in numbers and found that the advertised presale price of $20,900 was for a base model. The problem is, they AREN'T offering base models as part of this presale release! What's being offered is a fully loaded model for the price of $24,540. The options that will be costing you nearly $4k are a radio, central locking, and the alarm. I very quickly decided that I can now wait.

I also quickly forgot about all the growing pains I went through with my 2009 K1300GT. Although it's running great now, having to have it towed to the dealer once and having to ride it there on 6 additional occasions to have the BUGS worked out, I'll be fine letting others go through that and wait for the second year release.

2009 K1300GT
My Photo Site
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2011, 11:41 am
Veteran

Wonder if their radio will be any good this time around? BMW was never noted for having the best audio out there in bikeland. Seemed like they always had bad speakers (small too) and too weak power to drive them satisfactorily. The Goldwing seems to be the best for audio (maybe better on the 2012 too!) and Harley a distant second.

Mack
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2011, 11:45 am
Enthusiast

I've had plenty of BMW's and was only towed once due to a cable being mis-routed during a service and pinched in the fork stop (lots of sparks). The sales literature was clear about pre-sale bikes being fully loaded. Doesn't bother me, it's a pre-sale after all and BMW's rules.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2011, 11:50 am
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMack
Wonder if their radio will be any good this time around? BMW was never noted for having the best audio out there in bikeland. Seemed like they always had bad speakers (small too) and too weak power to drive them satisfactorily. The Goldwing seems to be the best for audio (maybe better on the 2012 too!) and Harley a distant second.

Mack
With Bluetooth and modern in helmet speakers, the dash speakers are kind of a thing of the past unless you want to play in a campground. Besides, it's not a BMW radio, it's a vendor supplied item. Know the source, and know the quality well before delivery. I certainly never bought a motorcycle because of a radio, that's down there with things like cigarette lighters. I honestly find music a distraction from the experience. Man, machine, top 40 radio?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2011, 7:42 pm

Wink Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by beavtm
With Bluetooth and modern in helmet speakers, the dash speakers are kind of a thing of the past unless you want to play in a campground. Besides, it's not a BMW radio, it's a vendor supplied item. Know the source, and know the quality well before delivery. I certainly never bought a motorcycle because of a radio, that's down there with things like cigarette lighters. I honestly find music a distraction from the experience. Man, machine, top 40 radio?
Couldn't agree w/you more. The real music is a long, quiet, ride with excellent ear plugs that stop the wind but let in the thrum of the motor and a little of the sound of the wheels as they roll over that long, gray ribbon of pavement...Ahhhhhh!! -Dr Ron

2009 KGT makes me SMILE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode