K1600GT GPS/Autocom - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 2011, 3:55 am Thread Starter
Noob

K1600GT GPS/Autocom

Has anybody successfully hooked up a Garmin 660 using the BMW slot and used Autocom (or any other hard wired comms) for audio on a K1600GT?
I know it sounds like good old Luddite attitude, but I remain unconvinced of Bluetooth quality and reliability, and have read opposing opinions elsewhere as to whether the ordinary Garmin 660 will work in the Navigator 4 mounting slot.
Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 10th, 2011, 3:07 pm
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentrapide
Has anybody successfully hooked up a Garmin 660 using the BMW slot and used Autocom (or any other hard wired comms) for audio on a K1600GT?
I know it sounds like good old Luddite attitude, but I remain unconvinced of Bluetooth quality and reliability, and have read opposing opinions elsewhere as to whether the ordinary Garmin 660 will work in the Navigator 4 mounting slot.
Cheers!
It will, you just won't have full integration with the controls on the bike. Check the lt forum and/or the k1600forum.com list for your Autocom question. I know I saw something posted there, just didn't pay any attention to it since I don't use the Autocom. Good luck.

Jamie

2011 BMW K1600 GTL (Silver) on order
2010 BMW K1300 GT (Blue) Her's
2008 H-D FLHTCU POS (Black)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 2011, 3:31 pm
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentrapide
Cheers!
Absolutely yes. I'd be more than happy to help you find the best possible system.

The first question is whether or not your happy with having the bike audio share the same input priority and muting.

If so, it's relatively easy. Autocom makes two factory audio integrators. One with a switch for speakers (Autocom 2273) and one without (Autocom 2275).

You can then either pair phone to Zumo and be done. Or...

You can then either direct wire cell phone (Autocom 2194) and possible an extension -or- pair to Bluetooth dongle (Autocom BTM-02A).

As you can see there are several options. Call me, Matt, at (888) 685-9269 and I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode