K1600GT Audio System Question - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 2011, 9:13 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

K1600GT Audio System Question

Can someone who has the GT with the optional audio system please explain to me how one gets the Nav, or iPod , or radio into ones helmet?? Is the only way to hear everything with a BMW or Shuberth bluetooth helmet?? I'm really hoping there is someway to get the audio output wired to in-ear monitors.. I'm really not interested in bluetooth..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 2011, 2:19 pm
Enthusiast

Erik, while the K-Bikes site has been my favorite BMW forum for years now I believe there's a TON more information for you to study up on at:

http://www.k1600forum.com

Since I plan to get the second year of the K16GT variant I've been a member for a few months and have learned a great deal in that short amount of time. As with the early release of the K12 & K13 bikes, there are a few glitches that BMW must deal with and rectify.

Click on the Accessories section of the K1600 Forum and specifically look for posts started by a member named RL Lemke. This fellow is extremely smart and has blazed a trail with regard to all the options of the new bike's audio system.

You'll note that RL (like myself) is not a fan of the unreliable and involved bluetooth system and still prefers wired in-ear monitors. He's just taken delivery of a pair of $750 monitors that apparently rival all others from an audio and sound (helmet) attenuation standpoint. I'm right there with him.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 2011, 11:39 am Thread Starter
Veteran

Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode