K1600 enhancements against wind swirl - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 2015, 10:22 am Thread Starter
Noob

K1600 enhancements against wind swirl

Hi, I'm new to this site. My wife and I have noticed that the wind screen on our K1600 GTL, being fairly narrow, allows some air to swirl in from the sides. To compound matters, I like to ride with my fingers draped over the clutch and brake levers. My fingers, and her thighs get really cold in the winter breeze. I am considering enhancements, or accessories to reduce the wind chill near the hand grips. Has anyone out there been successful doing this? Your comments are appreciated.

Merry Christmas to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Dec 23rd, 2015, 9:03 am

Hi D, yes the stock K16 windshield sucks. I upgraded to the 26" Cee Bailey windshield. Massive improvement for me, literally no turbulence at all levels. An improvement for the wife but still not great according to her. I'm 5'8", she's 5'7". For me I wouldn't go any taller on the windshield, for her I probably should have gone the next size up. All depends on your height.
For the K16 most guys seem to like the Cee Bailey or CalSci best. The Aeroflow doesn't seem to get great approval from buyers. It all depends. I read lots of treads before deciding on the CB and am happy with it.
As far as hand guards Wunderlich and Isotta make them. The Wunderlich supposedly work well but aren't made so great. The Isotta are ugly in my opinion. I wouldn't put those basic pieces of plastic on my bike. Don't know if anyone is making leg deflectors like they were for the K12 2002-2005+.
This site doesn't get much K16 activity. For the big beast, look at info at the K1600forum.com. All things K16. Very informative with tons of info.
Good luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode