K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion - View Single Post - Zumo550 Xm Antenna
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 2009, 4:37 pm
lhendrick
Addict

If you want to hide the XM antenna you can pull the windscreen and the 2 panels under it and place the antenna/receiver there. Search the forum for pictures of this, I know I saw it and I did it myself. I was able to secure the small round mount plate that comes with the antenna/receiver to a large bolt that is under there just by enlarging one of the small holes in the antenna mount a bit. The smallest plastic panel comes out with 2 torx screws and, and the lower one has 4 torx's and I had to pull the circlips that hold the mechanism that raises the windshield.

You can then run the cable up from under the instrument panel and lead it to your Zumo location, securing it with wire ties for a neat secure job.

It takes less time to do this than to describe it. Really.

The XM works fine with it hidden there and you don't have to worry about some clown stealing it when you leave the bike out, of course I would not do this if I needed to use the XM in the car too as it would not be readily accessible.

2008 K1200GT, Custom Paint, Vivid Black, Aeroflow WS & Aeroguards, Givi E52 Maxia Topcase w/AdMore Lighting, Zumo 660, Suburban Footpeg Lowering, Sargent Seat

2009 R1200GS Adventure, Magnesium Grey/Black, Adventure Cases, Zumo 660, Touratech Unobtanium Accessories

1974 Norton Commando 850 Soon to be a restoration project

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome