K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion - View Single Post - Potential K1200S Owner Questions...
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 3:00 pm
Catatafish

1. I use an electric vest when the going gets cold.. Is there a socket on the S to plug it in?? and if not.. what are you guys doing?

Yes, but it's a 5 amp I believe. A couple of guys have disconnected it from the CAN BUs and hardwired it to the battery with an inline fuse that will handle greater loads.

2. Is there a certain site or post that lists all the options for the S? Can someone point me to a URL? I hate to ask somebody to list them all...

ABS delete, heated grips, ESA. Jerry, do your self a favor and don't buy a bike without the ESA. It's freakin awesome! The fancy paint will cost extra. A center stand is a dealer add on.

3. I use a standard battery tender on my RS.. Does the S have a Gel battery? or standard?
AGM battery but the Battery Tender designed for the Gel will work (the Advanced Tender I believe it's called) but it only works direct to the battery. You need the charger specific to the S if you want to plug it into the accessory outlet.

4. If a bike is traveling East in the Texas Hill Country at 152 mph for 30 minutes, stops for 10 minute gas-up, then proceeds West at 142MPH for 10 more minutes, how many tickets will he accumulate from Officer Sanchez?

Officer Dirty Sanchez or the normal guy?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome