A few words - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2017, 4:44 pm Thread Starter
Noob

A few words

Just got my first BMW - a gently used 2007 K1200GT with all the stuff.
Best thing I can say so far: thank you heated seat and grips!!!! (a first for me and it was literally freezing on first ride home)
Here are the other bikes in my garage: 2011 GSXR 750; 2012 Ducati 848 SE; 2011 CBR1000RR; 2000 VFR 800i; 2012 Harley Davidson V-Rod; 2014 H-D softail. I also race Ducati 1000 dual spark Supersport.
My experience with BMW is limited. Did about 1800 miles on a rented turn of century LT in Europe a few years back. Was work pushing it through the Dolomites and Alps. Coughed a lot at altitude. Must say not too impressed.
So how did I land in Beemerworld?
Back in October saw a pristine 2006 K1200s that was stunning. Started researching, which was interrupted by a fly and ride four-day outing with my race group. Our street bikes were toted in tractor trailer from Miami to Georgia (I work in NYC but have home in Florida). I used the VFR (which I'd driven to Fla. two weeks earlier). It was literally freezing that weekend - the beginning of winter. At one point, my fingers were so numb I could barely pull the clutch.
Flash forward: K1200s was gone, but there was this zoftig K1200GT - complete with HEAT, electric windshield and all the other good stuff - in its place. Before Christmas I will be riding this machine from NYC to Florida - black ice willing.
Any way, thanks for having me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 2018, 8:42 am
Noob

Hello Walrus!
Welcome to the Forum
You have already lots of experience with other motorcylce models

Best
Didith

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode