Hello - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2019, 5:20 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Garage
Hello

Just wanted to introduce myself; my name is Keith and my current ride is a 2006 K1200S. Love the bike but am sadly loving it less these days. I'm experiencing ABS issues and am hoping to glean some good info here to keep me loving the bike for the foreseeable future. I'm right at the 18K service and now have the added bugaboo of a flashing red triangle and greatly reduced braking power. I spoke with the local dealer and they are speculating that the abs brake module is the likely culprit. No worries, it is only $2200 plus whatever the labor cost is to swap it out [criminy] Presently, I've ruled out the battery as the charge is close to 13v. Brake fluid is clear and not low and was change out when i bought the bike in June 2017.

If anyone here cares to share info concerning this issue, I'm grateful for your insights or experiences. Another issue I have is finding any local talent 9Birmingham, AL) to wrench on the bike other than the dealer, and yes, I do understand that they are likely the only ones that has the correct diagnostic equipment. The dealer told me several bikes of this vintage have similar /same issues. I inquired as to how those customers remedied the problem. I was told that none opted to spend the money for the $2200 part and opted to disable the unit and go without abs. I doubt it is that simple but am open to understanding what that would involve. Thanks for letting me air it out abit and i welcome any constructive feedback you would care to share.

Regards,
Keith

Last edited by Kietho; Feb 28th, 2019 at 5:21 pm. Reason: misspell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode