Phoenix Arizona Craig says hi - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2019, 4:25 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Phoenix Arizona Craig says hi

Like some others, I'm here as a result of i-bmw.com disappearing suddenly. Did not know this site existed.

I'm phxazcraig, and I ride a 2015 K1300s motorsports, purchased new.

My BMW history goes back to 1976, when I bought a new Daytona Orange R90s from San Jose BMW. Added an Eclipse tank bag and Luftmeister saddlebags and was ready to tour. Took the bike from San Jose to Indiana in a move, and once took it from there to Wilmington NC, and took it on tours of Colorado. It unfortunately was totaled and replaced with an R100RS. 5 years later, that 1978 R100RS was traded in on a 1983 R100RS. The 83 got totalled in 85 and replaced by first one, then a second K100rs. The second one was purchased in Germany on a Von Thielman tour. The first one was totalled in 87, hopefully the last bike I wreck.

The second K100rs lasted until 2015, when I sold it. In 2014 I bought a new K1300s, and the performance difference was astonishing. On the other hand, the two bikes were also very similar in wind protection and comfort, with the K100rs being a bit more comfortable. (Or maybe being over 60 removes some comfort...)

I've now got about 20,000 miles on the K1300s, and two trips to Colorado. It's quite the machine, but in four years I've been pulled over by the cops four times!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode