BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

What do you know that I don't

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  GMack 
#1 ·
#2 ·
bird said:
Why did these bikes not sell? A minimum bid of $500.00 didn't draw any interest?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170433285198&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
A lot of people don't like to mess with 'reserve' auctions. If the seller wants to play games and won't say what their minimum price is then a lot of buyers will simply move on to one who will.

bird said:
I'm not sure what is so odd, 2,500 miles is nothing.

#3 ·
#8 ·
The GT''s have a lot of issues, both the 1200 and 1300. BMW blew it.

Hopefully, the S1000RR will prove they can build a bike that isn't a whore for the dealer's shop. Mine )2006) has spent too much time in shops (maybe 7 different ones) until I got all its issues dealt with. Good thing it has a 3 year warranty and 4 more years on the extended maintenance (which may be a POS policy. Dunno).

Just yesterday it was on the stands again for a friggin flat tire 45 miles from home. That God for the compressor (which got really hot!), Stop-and-Go plugger, and some Fix-A-Flat from the local mountain store for good measure. Some piece of metal shard cut it with about 1/2 inch slit. Poked it inside tire since I didn't carry a needle nose pliers for digging it out. Need to get a small pair of those to carry with the tire kit.

Got it home and changed it into a new tire installed last night in the dark back yard. Took two hours for removal, mounting, and balancing. New Pilot has a much more triangular cross-section which should make it corner faster than the slow Maxxis that was on it.

Mack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.