Fishing Line Tied Across the Road VA - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:31 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Angry Fishing Line Tied Across the Road VA

Poquoson, VA is about 2 miles from my house. Scumbags need to be hanged by their fishing line.
Be careful out there.

Fishing line tied across streets in Poquoson

07:01 AM EDT on Monday, July 2, 2007

By 13News

Police are looking for the person who put up fishing line across three different roadways in Poquoson.

An 80-pound test line draped across Little Florida Avenue -- tied to a mailbox on one side and a telephone pole on the other -- nearly decapitated one motorcyclist.

"It was at a height that allowed it to strike him in the upper chest and snap around his neck," said Police Chief Cliff Bowen.

A few days after that incident, more broken fishing line was recovered, including broken line on Poquoson Avenue. Authorities believe a car snapped it.

Detectives say the line was among the strongest manufactured, used to pull in huge fish.

Officers don't know if this is a prank or if someone is determined to cause harm.

We're very concerned that what might have been a prank in the mind of some was very serious and had unintended consequences," said Bowen.

If you know anything about this case, call the Poquoson Police Department at 757-868-TIPS.

07 BMW K1200 S (cosmic blue/titan silver)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:55 pm

That's disturbing and unfortunate!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 6:26 pm
Looking for better limits...

Prank?

Guess they're not going to get serious with the investigation, are they...

Then again...kids around here somewhere used Saran wrap instead of fishing line. But, that was one location.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Sze
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:20 pm

That actually meets the definition of "terrorism".

I wonder if the perpetrators think about that ... there really is not a lot of difference between that and a "road side bomb".
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 2007, 8:48 pm

I volunteer to shoot the bastards once they're caught. Those are sick puppy's.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 2007, 9:15 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by allikanbe1
Officers don't know if this is a prank or if someone is determined to cause harm.
Perhaps they should ask the motorcyclist who hit the line!

Rusty
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2007, 7:04 pm
Rookie

This sort of thing still happens! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

High everyone,

I read this thread and immediately felt an enormous amount of anger. These exact circumstances happened to a guy I went to school with back in the late seventies.

We used to ride trail bikes through bushland in our local area, often to the annoyance of local residents. We would be hunted down in the bushland and thrown out by Police (only doing their jobs upon a complaint). (Rather ironic that that same bushland was bulldozed and houses built) Anyhow, back to the story, Luke was riding his trailbike through the bush one day, he was the second in a line three. First rider sees the line strung across the track and ducks. Luke, close behind, didn't see the line and cops it striaght across his throat. The line penetrates his throat almost to his neck bones, doesn't (somehow) damage the major arteries but absolutely destroys his larynx etc. He nearly dies from blood loss there on the trail but somehow the two other riders control the bleeding and manage to get help. Luke, luckily, made it back to school about six months later. He has never been able to speak another word since that day but he's alive!

So, as I said, reading this thread brought back some pretty awful memories along with all that anger from so many years ago.

Tell you what, if these mongrels in Canada are caught, they should be strung up by their damn fishing line!!!!!!

It's hard enough to keep your eyes open for rogue tintops, but, you guys up in Canada, please keep those eyes very busy.

regards from 'Downunder'

John
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2007, 7:07 pm
Rookie

Sorry, meant to say USA not Canade

Just realised this thread eminated from USA.

Doesn't matter where it comes from, the sentiment is still the same.

John
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2007, 7:08 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

I never heard if the police caught anyone for this crime. My guess is that they did not. By the way, it happened in Virginia, USA.

07 BMW K1200 S (cosmic blue/titan silver)
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2007, 7:42 pm
Rookie

My mistake

Yeah, I know, sorry about that, I just got sooooooooooooooooooo angry when I read about this fishing line BS. Thought the thread originated in Canada but then realised it was USA. As I said, location doesn't really matter, sentiment remains the same. If these idiots only realised (or cared) how devastating their little games can be!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow, might go and jump on the bike and 'chill'.

CU

John

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode