names - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 2007, 7:53 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

names

I note that a Catholic school here did not want to enrol a student because his surname is Hell.

His father states it is a common Austrian name.

I seem to recall the Austrian town of Fucking having a problem recently with the tourists pinching the sign at the entry to the village. And the newsagent having to always tell English tourists that "I have no Fucking postcards" ...... Buts what is in a name.

apathy is everywhere. But who cares.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 2007, 8:04 pm
Statmaster

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fucking,_Austria

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 10th, 2007, 11:12 am
Addict

That cracks me up...

I'm a big fan of norwegian types, like, Thor (the god of thunder!) and company from the old comic books, gawd I just loved those stories.

So my son was born, I said of course 'lets name him thor!'

Well even though in Norway its like the name "john" is here in the US, I was getting serious pushback from the family.

My dad was in a panic...he's like "do you know what that kid will have to live up to with a name like that??? what if he turns out to be a fag?"

Mmmm...I said "Well, I'll just change his name to...thorabella!"...I almost got axe murdered at that point.

I tryed various other combo's like rip cord, nascar, the SO wasn't buying....so finally I gave up (sort of) and said "ok, how about Robert Paul Michael Simon", several of those names are in my family...of course, it was "why such a long name?"

We can call him RPMs for short

that poor kid spent 3 extra days in the hospital because they wouldn't let him go without a name, we were still fighing over that..my compromise was Erik (with a K of course, of norwegian origin)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 10th, 2007, 3:40 pm
It janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papilio
I note that a Catholic school here did not want to enrol a student because his surname is Hell.

His father states it is a common Austrian name.
This is BS. On both parts.

I mean come one why are you nameing your child "Hell" ? In my book that is simply idiocy. (I'm not religious at all, but would you name your child "shit" ?)

Anyhow, "Hell" is NOT a typical Austrian name. Matter of fact I have never heard of that before (And I grew up there. Spend the first 37 years of my life in Austria)

Now, if the father is incapable of reading, THEN it might be possible. There is a rather common name "Helmut", which many a times is abbreviated to "Heli"

Andreas Pleschutznig
Houston, TX
'10 F800GS
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 10th, 2007, 4:16 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy

I mean come one why are you nameing your child "Hell" ? In my book that is simply idiocy. (I'm not religious at all, but would you name your child "shit" ?)

Anyhow, "Hell" is NOT a typical Austrian name. Matter of fact I have never heard of that before (And I grew up there. Spend the first 37 years of my life in Austria)

Now, if the father is incapable of reading, THEN it might be possible. There is a rather common name "Helmut", which many a times is abbreviated to "Heli"
Crap!! Have a look in the phone book.

Hell A
* 40 Park Crs Williamstown 3016
* 0419 563 356

Hell C H
* 97 Liverpool Rd Kilsyth 3137
* (03) 9728 3107

Hell H F
* 10 John St Lilydale 3140
* (03) 9739 5827

Hell I
* 16 Kansas Ave North Geelong 3215
* (03) 5278 8836

Hell K & M
* 7 Milne St Crib Point 3919
* (03) 5983 8785
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 10th, 2007, 6:42 pm
Looking for better limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy

Minor detail, Andy. I get confuzzled, especially with Chinese names...

surname
1.the name that a person has in common with other family members, as distinguished from a Christian name or given name; family name.

Wouldn't be the father naming his son "Hell", it's the last or "family" name and unless dad goes to some government agency and changes it (he'd probably have a good excuse by then), he'd only be giving his son the same kind of treatment he's probably gotten over the years.

There's also a surgeon from Austria that specializes in surgery for obesity named E. Hell (Google: Hell Austria)

Then, there's the link to the news story...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze

Last edited by Razel; Jul 10th, 2007 at 6:47 pm.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2007, 8:41 am
Addict

Hellboy.

Black 2002 K1200RS - "The Beast" (over 100k miles)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2007, 9:39 am
It janitor

Ah, last name. Thats what I get for not reading carefully. Yes, As a last name it is very possible.

And he is right. It DOES mean "bright".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razel
Minor detail, Andy. I get confuzzled, especially with Chinese names...

surname
1.the name that a person has in common with other family members, as distinguished from a Christian name or given name; family name.

Wouldn't be the father naming his son "Hell", it's the last or "family" name and unless dad goes to some government agency and changes it (he'd probably have a good excuse by then), he'd only be giving his son the same kind of treatment he's probably gotten over the years.

There's also a surgeon from Austria that specializes in surgery for obesity named E. Hell (Google: Hell Austria)

Then, there's the link to the news story...

Andreas Pleschutznig
Houston, TX
'10 F800GS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode