Girlie BMW Riders - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 2007, 2:54 pm Thread Starter

Girlie BMW Riders

Hi, my name is Red and I'm a male!

Having been a biker for over 40 years I now own my first BMW.

Is there a high percentage of "girlie" BMW owners masquarading as men?

I'm amazed at the number of posts from BMW owners with soft butts that need aftermarket seats and those with delicate bodies that must be hidden behind the biggest screen so they don't get cold or wet.

I had a feeling all those Harley owners were a little soft - all those girly tassels etc. and the recovery truck at the back of the line, but didn't think it applied to BMW riders.

I have a solution for you "girls" - it's called a (insert name of favorite cage).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 2007, 3:11 pm
"DELIVERS"

.....this should be interesting....but I agree about the windshields...I replaced my GT shield with an RS shield....being in the wind is what it's all about!

'04 GT...Orient Blue...Staintune...Ohlins...Power Commander
post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 2007, 3:30 pm
Enthusiast

Uhhhh, I'm not sure how to respond to this or how deep of a hole your digging yourself, but most of the female BMW riders I know can out ride all of the men on other brands and hold their own with most of the men that ride BMW's.

I do agree that most of the riders that migrate to BMW's are more seasoned and therefore have more aches and pains. Those aches and pains typically come from riding a Hardly Davidson for too long .

El Barto
Ride fast.......Get there before the accident!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 2007, 4:46 pm
"DELIVERS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Barto
I do agree that most of the riders that migrate to BMW's are more seasoned and therefore have more aches and pains. Those aches and pains typically come from riding a Hardly Davidson for too long.
Guilty!

'04 GT...Orient Blue...Staintune...Ohlins...Power Commander
post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 2007, 5:23 pm
Will ride for picts

BMW riders are ?

:troll

Looking forward to this thread!

Sierra Cement: Good for skis, bad for knees.

www.rhhall.smugmug.com
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 2007, 6:05 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Barto
Uhhhh, I'm not sure how to respond to this or how deep of a hole your digging yourself, but most of the female BMW riders I know can out ride all of the men on other brands and hold their own with most of the men that ride BMW's.
This isn't to disrespect any of our female riders - they probably got more balls than some of the men!
post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 2007, 7:09 pm

Right.

I didn't think you meant female riders. I just thought you meant K1200 Arse Port riders!!!

hehe
post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 2007, 9:38 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red21
Hi, my name is Red and I'm a male!

Having been a biker for over 40 years I now own my first BMW.

Is there a high percentage of "girlie" BMW owners masquarading as men?

I'm amazed at the number of posts from BMW owners with soft butts that need aftermarket seats and those with delicate bodies that must be hidden behind the biggest screen so they don't get cold or wet.
Guilty as charged. I have a delicate bum. When I take off to cover 10,000 miles over a few weeks, I want a comfortable seat. Those 'other brand' guys tend to ride significantly less than my average of well over 600 miles a day. It is not unusual for me to ride more than 300 miles nonstop on my GS. I cover those miles regardless of the weather, so wind and rain protection is also nice to have. I ride 365 days a year - as long as there is not ice and snow on the roads. It certainly is not a necessity to have a custom seat and wind protection, as I have ridden 1000 mile days on my K1200S with its stock windscreen and seat.

I put at least 30,000 miles on bikes each year and have ridden 30,000 miles over a single summer. Tell me how you rack up the kilometers and what you ride

Click
here to become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com

Randy Prade,
Aurora, CO

post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 2007, 2:08 am Thread Starter

Well Randy, you obviously have the opportunity to spend a lot of time with your bikes.

I've got a GT-NG which I got in August and it's now got 6K miles. I can only ride at weekends and during vacations but managed to put 29K miles on my last bike a Honda ST1300 during the 2 years I had it. Before that I did 20K miles in 18 months on a Honda Varadero XL1000V.

My riding takes me and my wife as far as we have chance - Varadero went east as for as Poland and west to Spain. ST1300 did 4 trips around Europe and did a week in Austria in the passes before I swapped it. (Google stelvio to see what passes are). The BMW will be on a ferry tomorrow night (Friday) as we cross the channel to St Malo and head south through France, cross the Pyrenees and carry on south to the Costa Blanca in Spain. We'll ride about 300 miles to the ferry tomorrow, 400 to Pau on saturday and about the same mileage on sunday.

Averaging 600 miles a day is quite some miles. Why would you want to do that sort of daily mileage? Is there nothing to see or stop for? You trying to break records?
I've done around a 1000 miles a day a couple of times. Landeck in Austria to home, Strasburg-home. Did it, but only out of necessity.

Enjoy
post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 2007, 2:33 am

haha, I have the stock seat on my 98 K1200rs and now fitted a lower windshield.......wind in my hair etc.....spent tooooooooo many years in the Army and riding those bloooody crap armstrong and bombadiers lol

Still have my 1200 Bandit and no screen grrrrrrrrr

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode