Field Target? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2007, 12:32 pm Thread Starter
I'm riding

Question Field Target?

Are there air rifle FT shooters among k-bikes members?

Anybody participated in the recent FT world championship in TN?

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'07 F800ST Blue - wife's(sold)
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2007, 2:14 pm
Sooper Dooper Moderator

Field Target? What's that? I used to do our National Rifle Association's "postal matches" once in a while, where you send in a 10 meter target you have shot by yourself. I have a fairly expensive air rifle now, but don't do any target shooting. My eyes are not good enough anymore.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2007, 3:21 pm Thread Starter
I'm riding

Here is the link http://www.airguns.net/goodoldboys/

I found the FT by chance and believe it's quite interesting in long winter months without bike here. The problem is that air rifle is not efficient in low temperatures.
What air rifle you have, Chuck? I bought Weihrauh 97K laminated. I's .177 German made piston/spring air rifle. Quite precise but weak. As we are allowed here to buy without special license only air rifles below 7,5 joules.

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2007, 5:15 pm
Sooper Dooper Moderator

You have a better gun than I do, Vladimir. I looked up your rifle, and it's a fine looking piece. I have an RWS Diana Model 34 in .177 caliber. It's a fairly plain jane rifle, but it is a precise shooter for a spring-air, with an advertised muzzle velocity of 1,000 fps. If I had seen yours when I was buying, I might have bought that instead. The high end airguns are not popular in the USA, so it's difficult to find a store where you can look at them. I didn't buy mine for competition because, as I said, my eyes are not good enough anymore, so I left it with the open sights it came with. I bought it because I had a backyard rabbit population which wouldn't go away. I killed a few (when my wife was not home to yell at me) and I guess the others took the hint and went elsewhere. Problem solved, and now the rifle sits in my gun safe unused.

When I was competing in the Marine Corps, my eyes were so good I could actually see a .45ACP bullet leaving the muzzle of my pistol. I'm in a pretty good state of tune for an old guy, but I have to say, I miss the eyesight of my youth more than anything else.

...Just did some looking around on that link, and then looking up the rifles used... The FWB P70 is a beautiful rifle. The Steyr LG100ZM is impressive also, but both are way out of my price range for guns designed for such a narrow purpose. The only gun I accept to be ugly is the Glock model 22 in .40 caliber my department gave me, just because it's a professional's gun, perfectly suited for its intended use.

Last edited by chuckwilmot; Oct 21st, 2007 at 5:41 pm.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 2:49 pm
Veteran

Z's

Have'nt you guys heard of .22 Z's. Lower velocity than subsonic rounds, range good enough for a back yard only
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2007, 3:27 pm Thread Starter
I'm riding

Bought a Steyr LG110 FT today. What a great air rifle!
Thinking now about a proper telescopic sight. Probably Nikko Stirling 8-32x60 or Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50( both are avaliable here and not too expensive - I am not sure about optics londevity on air rifles so not ready to waist money). Others need long time for delivery. Any opinions?

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2008, 11:29 am Thread Starter
I'm riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckwilmot
The only gun I accept to be ugly is the Glock model 22 in .40 caliber my department gave me, just because it's a professional's gun, perfectly suited for its intended use.
Chuck,

I started clayshooting as well - bought a shotgun O/U 12 gauge. It's interesting esp at nice weather real pleasure to me.
Aslo think about IPSC - to try or not to try? That requires a semi-auto shotgun and it's hard to rent it here just for test lesson.

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2008, 3:55 pm
Sooper Dooper Moderator

Talking

IPSC...?... Sporting Clays? THAT'S HARD! Fun to do, but I'd hate to have others watch me miss so much.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2008, 4:55 pm

I also shoot IPSC, ISPSA, Steel Challenge, and clays. Looking forward to nice weather so I can ride my bike to the pistol matches. All the equip. I need will fit in my hard cases!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2008, 11:24 pm Thread Starter
I'm riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportfaller
I also shoot IPSC, ISPSA, Steel Challenge, and clays. Looking forward to nice weather so I can ride my bike to the pistol matches. All the equip. I need will fit in my hard cases!
I ordered a special bag from Planet Shoting - it covers a shotgun's hard case and could be easily attached to the bike.
Also received an instructional DVD on shotgun mastering by Matt Burkett.

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode