Camping input - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2008, 12:12 pm Thread Starter

Camping input

I am flying to NH and riding my K1200RS home to PA. I need advice on what I should take with that will fit into the Hard luggage bags. There is a possibility of showers along my trip. Keep in mind what I fly with goes in the bags. The local dealer didnt have any tank bags for sale!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2008, 7:53 am
Enthusiast

NH Dealers

We are lucky enough to have two, very good, dealers here in New Hampshire. One is located at the seacoast area (Max BMW) and the other is located in the south central part of the state (Second Wind BMW/Triumph). Which dealer are you using? They are about an hour apart so it wouldn't take much time to check the other dealer when you get here or call ahead. Depending on your route you might be able to stop by Wagner's Motorsports in Worcester, Ma or Max's other shop near Albany, NY.
I rode from NH to FL with my 19 year old daughter on the back using only the hard cases on my GT and a T-Bag.

FWIW: Shipping your riding gear to the dealer might save you some headaches at the airport. If you can get away with only using a carry-on that will save you some time as well.

Is the dealer picking you up at the airport?

.....Mike
'10 K1300GT
Royal Blue Metallic
Garmin Zumo 660
Nolan N-103 w/ BT Kit
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2008, 9:19 am Thread Starter

Camping HELP

Second wind is closed on monday. I planned on riding mostly along the coast which diverts me from the other dealerships.
Anyhow, I need to know where I can camp out along the way!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2008, 12:26 pm
Enthusiast

Have you thought about Seabrook State Park? I believe they are right on the ocean and should be along your route south... or are you looking for something further south in Mass or Conn?

.....Mike
'10 K1300GT
Royal Blue Metallic
Garmin Zumo 660
Nolan N-103 w/ BT Kit
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2008, 1:32 pm Thread Starter

Well....i was hoping on seeing a Bo Sox on Monday night and finding one south of there. I am just not familiar with the area and need advice. I wish a member would speak up and lend the backyard.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2008, 2:08 pm
Looking for better limits...

Side cases will hold quite a bit, three days worth of clothes easily. Depends on how many days and what else you're going to be doing. Camera's are fairly small, so that's no issue either.

Tent and sleeping bag? Bungee-net to the back seat.
Not that it does you any good now, but if you can find a Chicane "Dune" tank bag, that'll hold a two-person tent (good for one person) and sleeping bag.
I'd also consider shipping some gear to the dealer, like the helmet and riding suit, as you don't need it on the plane, but will be using it on the bike. Duffel bag for the carryon/checked baggage for the clothes you'll be taking.

More that three days? Figure on 1/3 of one day for laundry. Double that if you turn things inside out and re-use...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2008, 12:12 pm Thread Starter

Thanx all. I am back in PA.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode