My bike's for sale on ebay... - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 2008, 3:57 pm Thread Starter
JCW
contributor

My bike's for sale on ebay...

Since I took delivery on the Lambo, I won't be needing this anymore...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=310058982194

BTW, are you serious? A R1200GS run over $20,000 stock? Why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 2008, 4:10 pm
Enthusiast

Wow, that's reeeely nice? I just gave up my dream of getting a new ZX10R as a track tool.

John
2006 K1200S "Bumble Bee" Leo Vince Evo2 Ti can, Pazzo shorty's black/gold, Rizoma rearsets, grip puppies, MRA Vario screen, Sandbar Composites "dog bones", RhinoMoto ft axle, barend, swing arm sliders, GSG body sliders, snorkles out, Corbin w/pillion back rest, chrome reverse muffler bearings, hone extruded hyper dirve,
If you can't run with the big dogs.... stay on the porch.

Last edited by macman; Jun 18th, 2008 at 6:04 pm.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 2008, 4:27 pm Thread Starter
JCW
contributor

I wish I could get my hands on a new zx-10r to test ride. See how much better it is than a lighter '04-05 you can get for $5-6K and add some Ohlins and aftermarket wheels for less money.

After getting the zx-10r, Mac, I think the BEST trackday tool would be a super small 600 or GSX 750. Maybe cheaper to repair if you trashed it? More fun if you're not fighting the unbelievable power all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 2008, 6:19 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCW
I wish I could get my hands on a new zx-10r to test ride. See how much better it is than a lighter '04-05 you can get for $5-6K and add some Ohlins and aftermarket wheels for less money.

After getting the zx-10r, Mac, I think the BEST trackday tool would be a super small 600 or GSX 750. Maybe cheaper to repair if you trashed it? More fun if you're not fighting the unbelievable power all the time.
I'd like a ride on the '08 iteration to see as well. I've seen some '04-05's, already set up, with forged mag wheels ,Marchesini, Ohlins blah, blah, blah, you get the picture for $6.500.00 with less than 4,500 miles and no rash.

I could dig a GSX-R 750 but nothing smaller. There is a lot of discussion on some of the boards about how great the 600's are for learning corner speed and management of other aspects of riding and that's a good thing as well as the cheaper cost to repair/replace.

The counter argument is that riding a liter bike is , for the most part, so much different than a 600. Different lines, handling, having to be much smoother with throttle, brake, track management and whatnot, that many of the skills to get the 600 quickly around the track don't transfer. They say,(they being racers, novice to expert) you have to re-learn riding moving up to the liter bikes. Plus, with my lard ass on a liter bike the power to weight ratio is pretty much where a normal rider would be on a 600.

John
2006 K1200S "Bumble Bee" Leo Vince Evo2 Ti can, Pazzo shorty's black/gold, Rizoma rearsets, grip puppies, MRA Vario screen, Sandbar Composites "dog bones", RhinoMoto ft axle, barend, swing arm sliders, GSG body sliders, snorkles out, Corbin w/pillion back rest, chrome reverse muffler bearings, hone extruded hyper dirve,
If you can't run with the big dogs.... stay on the porch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode