Looking for traffic attorney in Denver Co. area - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 2008, 6:02 pm Thread Starter

Looking for traffic attorney in Denver Co. area

Got hit in a sting this morning heading to the airport to go back home to Washington.

Anyone know of a reliable and decent priced attorney in the Denver Colorado area? Someone you can trust to do the right thing for the client?

Specifically, I was nabbed on I-225 in the jurisdiction of the City of Aurora.

Any help would be appreciated. I have looked on line and talked with a few already but a personal recommendation would go a hell of a long way.

Cheers! - Walt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2008, 12:34 pm
Will ride for picts

I used these guys about three years ago. They knocked a 6-point, 110 MPH, mandatory appearance, misdemeanor ticket down to 3-point, Careless Driving, $86 fine. Having a clean record at the time helped. They cost about $450 for their effort, but I never once set foot in court or in an office; I was able to handle the entire matter with a handful of phone calls.

http://www.kurtzpeckham.com/TrafficL...oftickets.html

Sierra Cement: Good for skis, bad for knees.

www.rhhall.smugmug.com
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2008, 1:00 pm Thread Starter

Thanks Friend!

I'll give them a call today!

Cheers! - Walt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2008, 1:05 pm
Veteran

If that doesn't pan out, post the question on www.radardetector.net . There are probably more on that site with similar problems.

07 BMW K1200 S (cosmic blue/titan silver)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2008, 3:35 pm
Sooper Dooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium5
Got hit in a sting this morning heading to the airport to go back home to Washington.
Why was it a sting?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2008, 4:30 pm Thread Starter

Lots of people were being pulled over apparently. There were a lot of bike cops (I counted 4) patrolling but I didn’t see them in time.

Also, after talking with about 6 lawyer firms, that area is super high priority for the city of Aurora.

However, I just got off the phone with Kurtz and Peckham. I like Mary and Diane. I will probably go with them after another call (free 30 min consultation) to discuss the details. Thanks for the lead RHHALL!

As for the details, I just happen to be doing 74 in a 55 (which I thought was a 65 being a 8 lane fricken highway) and being 30 minutes late because of a god damn co-worker. Not to mention it was my wife’s birthday yesterday. I was NOT going to miss the flight. Sigh.... First ticket in 15 years... I guess it is what it is...

Cheers! - Walt
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2008, 6:10 pm
Will ride for picts

Anything near the airport is major patrolled. Pena boulevard is constructed with lotsa hidey-holes for the cops in the medians. They also use the stopwatch / distance method, so radar detector doesn't help.

Sierra Cement: Good for skis, bad for knees.

www.rhhall.smugmug.com
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2008, 5:40 pm Thread Starter

Just talked with Mary Pekham. Very nice lady.

Instilled alot of confidence in me through the discussion we had. Sounds like they have alot of expereince and have been practicing for almost 30 years now. Of course, this is the City of Aurora. Pretty tough district from what it sounds like.

Fair price and they were willing to work on the contractual arangements which is really important to me from a negotiation standpoint.

I'll keep everyone posted as to the outcome.

Cheers! - Walt
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2008, 7:11 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Just wanted to provide an update as mentioned.

Got a call from my lawyer that represents the law firm that Richard pointed me to. He was able to negotiate it down from a 4 point speeding to a 2 point non moving violation (defective vehicle). Total cost was around $550 for the lawyer’s fees and $120 for the fine.

I don't care about the fine personally. I know the motivations of the courts is to get their money but since I have had a clean driving record for 15 years sticking me with a moving violation and hosing my insurance costs is not teaching me a lesson.

Apparently, the city attorney agreed. In this case the "system" worked in my favor. Better than paying inflated insurance rates for the next 3 or so years.

If you are looking for a traffic attourney in the Denver Area, give Kurtz & Peckham a call at 303.893.3045.

Hope this helps you as much as it helped me.

Also on a side note, if you are in the Seattle area and you get a ticket, call Jeannie Mucklestone. Most of Microsoft uses her and she has a extremely high success rate. My wife had a bad couple of years commuting 60+ miles one way to work. Thus landing her with a couple of tickets. Jeannie was able to get her off (read: ticket expunged, gone, no record) both times at an exceptional rate of around $400 per ticket. Well worth it if you ask me. Check out: http://www.mucklestone.com/profile.htm

Cheers! - Walt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode