Statmaster

New Political Ad - Dear Mr Obama

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4fe9GlWS8

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2008, 11:10 pm

Please.
The reason this country is in Iraq is OIL. Everything else, flag, troops, democracy, freedom, is a selling point. Saddam's real crime, in our goverment's eyes, was wanting to shift oil to the Euro. Trading oil in US dollars is what flotes our worthless currency. All US citizens are owned by corp USA, our troops are their policing agency...OK? Sheesh! Wake up!

EDIT: Lance Armstrong in his book, It's Not About The Bike, stated that Plano TX was loaded with rednecked idiots (Lance was from Plano btw). So I guess this post fits "Plano think."

Last edited by johnpeter; Sep 6th, 2008 at 11:18 pm.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2008, 12:06 am

thats why the us did not receive one oil contract , europe and russia got them all . . The same folks who violated the U.N . oil for food bs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2008, 1:55 am
Addict

Im not sure this guy was ever voting for Obama.

My numbers may be a little out so I apologize in advance.

To date this Iraq engagement has killed about 90,000 Iraqi civilians, 4,500 allied military deaths and wounded around 35,000 more military. I dont have any stats on civilian injuries.

The tab for Americas engagement to date is around $550 billion with a forecast of $1.9trillion before the game is over and the interest has been paid on the borrowings.

That is just the USA, not including the allies expenditure. If you include Afganistan the figure is close to $3 Trillion.

The price of oil has risen by 300-400% and I dont have the data to do the math on that but it is big.

To date the environment in Iraq is highly improved from a few years ago but the fires are still burning, the bombs are still exploding, young men and women are paying daily with their lives and there were no WOMD.

I dont know about the rest of you guys but I cant help but think that if this invasion had not taken place, the world would not be worse off even if Sadam was still breathing, and the young man in the video would be chasing pussy and havin fun instead of nightmares. Thats just my thinking but I dont think Im an orphan.

It does seem a shame to use such a brave and unfortunate young man to try and suggest that Obama is dissin the soldiers instead of stating the obvious by saying it was a mistake.

If the logic of this video stands scrutiny I guess the US will be off to Zimbabwe very soon to improve the lives of those poor people too, oh thats right, I forgot there is no oil there.

Black stuff down, Shiny side up!______________________________
10 R1200RTSE
02 R1100S
07 K1200GT R.I.P.
86 K100RS Sold
07 R1200GSA Sold
07 Softail Heritage Sold
86 K100RS Sold
82 R100RS Sold
82 Suzi GSX1100 Sold
75 Honda 750/4 Sold
74 Yamaha XS650 Sold

Last edited by Dadicool59; Sep 7th, 2008 at 3:19 am.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2008, 8:13 am
Enthusiast

That is your second (at least) reference to the price of oil being caused by the war in Iraq.

The price of oil is mostly in the basic economic law of the supply and demand curve. The world's supply of oil is limited and at the current (high) prices the level of oil production may improve slightly, temporarily. The long term is less oil will be available as the decades progress. The higher price of oil will force (with the power of the economy and capitalism) the development of alternate energy, more effectively than any government initiatives.

And government programs or subsidies that would ameliorate the price of oil only slow the the development of other energy sources.

The best case scenario is for the gradual and smooth phase out of oil (and eventually natural gas) without petro wars, a depression or world economic collapse.

KR Sport
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2008, 8:54 am Thread Starter
Statmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpeter
Please.
The reason this country is in Iraq is OIL. Everything else, flag, troops, democracy, freedom, is a selling point. Saddam's real crime, in our goverment's eyes, was wanting to shift oil to the Euro. Trading oil in US dollars is what flotes our worthless currency. All US citizens are owned by corp USA, our troops are their policing agency...OK? Sheesh! Wake up!
Yep, it's all for oil. That's why we're all driving big fat SUVs enjoying that sub-$1 per gallon gas. You're analysis is spot on. That's why you're so smart and the rest of the world is so dumb. Got it. This all from a guy named after a toilet and a male appendage.

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2008, 9:38 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
Yep, it's all for oil. That's why we're all driving big fat SUVs enjoying that sub-$1 per gallon gas. You're analysis is spot on. That's why you're so smart and the rest of the world is so dumb. Got it. This all from a guy named after a toilet and a male appendage.
Sure is about oil.

johnpeter is my name. Mocking my name is just more redneck think.
Lance did not retire in Plano for a reason.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2008, 10:02 am

I don't get it.

I often hear people make the statement "it's all about oil!" and I'm not sure what they think that means. America is dependent on a supply of oil. We have to ensure the reasonable access to oil remains. Just as we have to ensure other things, i.e. access to trade routes, freedom from nuclear missles aimed at us off our coast, etc. We also have certain moral and humanitarian obligations.

So, if someone thinks the war in Iraq was "all about oil," what does that mean? It really was about oil, but we should have ignored the problem? Or, it was about oil, but not really (i.e. the evil wicked mean bad and nasty corporations that run this country behind the scenes were just upset that their profit margins might take a hit?) What?

I don't get it? Oil, it seems, is pretty important. So what does "it's all about oil" supposed to mean?

If Russia decides to invade Turkey, what are we going to say? . . . it's all about Halvah? If somebody blockades the Panama Canal, what are we going to say? . . . it's all about lox?

Really, I don't get it.

Don G
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2008, 10:42 am Thread Starter
Statmaster

Yep, John. Your SoCal sensibilities are just so much better than everyone else. Maybe you'd like to share with us a little more of your superior intellect. I mean the sound-bite rhetoric is good stuff and has done such a great job enlightening us poor old rednecks in Plano. So please demonstrate your superior knowledge of all things, or are you just going to continue demonstrating your man-love for your buddy, Lance?

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2008, 10:48 am
Strafist

Plano- the redneck capital of the world.

Jeff, you reckon that feller has ever been to Plano?

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode