'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'07 F800ST Blue - wife's(sold)
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 2008, 7:27 am
no power in the 'verse can stop me

Sooner or later it'll trickle on down to my level.

I've personally lost about 30% of the value of my 401(k).
And, that's a significant chunk of what I was planning to
retire on in ten or so years.

It appears to be affecting the place I work for. Incoming
orders have come to an almost complete stop in the last week.
I suspect everyone is sitting back and waiting to see how
this all plays out.

tim-----still on the right side of the frostline

you can't stop the signal
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 2008, 9:07 am
JCW
contributor

I think it's killing people that plan to retire in the near future. And there's a whole bunch of them baby boomers in that situation. Currently, it probably least effects the young people as they don't have too much invested and still have their jobs (for now at least).

The biggest effect will take place probably next year when Obama gets into office, the tax cuts for corporations are erased, more taxes are levied, the corporations start laying off people and raising their product prices to the consumer.

Then the rest of us will feel it.

Corporations don't pay tax increase, they pass the cost onto the consumer.

It's the fundamental difference in the two parties. Who to tax and why.

Funny thing is it's probably those young'uns that will decide this election and set the things in motion.

And that's all I have to say on the econ and politics. Don't want this place to be a mirror of the other site. I'd rather talk about the new ISR clutch I'm getting or where I can find the lowest price on a power commander (so far $250!).

'06 K1200R- in pieces
'73 Honda CB500F- slow but fun.
'77 Yamaha XS 750 triple- kinda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 2008, 9:50 am Thread Starter
I'm riding

Here the companies started cutting their costs - salaries, ads and IT - budgets etc No firing-outs yet but everybody knows they will come. Also the construction business is down sharply/frosen new sites etc/, car makers too and steel producers are the next, or, more precisely, already there. Banks are in heavy situation - business money transfers are being delayed for 2-3 days. Financial market is in collapse. Still are high gas prices. BMW dealer offered 30% discounts for the leftover bikes of 2007-2006. Prices of houses and appartments in Moscow are still high, no discounts are granted, but in provinces outside the capital a 30% discount is not something outstanding. But the sales are suspended.

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 2008, 10:08 am
JCW
contributor

One thing I am interested in is the average Russian's take on what Putin is doing in Georgia.

McCain basically flat out said, the KGB has infiltrated the regime.

Or maybe your posts are being monitored.

'06 K1200R- in pieces
'73 Honda CB500F- slow but fun.
'77 Yamaha XS 750 triple- kinda
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 2008, 12:15 pm Thread Starter
I'm riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCW
One thing I am interested in is the average Russian's take on what Putin is doing in Georgia.

McCain basically flat out said, the KGB has infiltrated the regime.

Or maybe your posts are being monitored.
I do not follow your McCain campaign so I am not aware of his words but as far as Georgia/Caucasian is concerned you should know that a lot of ordinary Russians supported our troops and governmental actions. What we saw here - Mr.Saakashvili/Georgian President/ promissed not to use force against South Ossetia in his live speech on Georgian TV just several hours prior to his order to shell the civilians there and to move his tanks into. There were no Russian regular troops there - only a batallion of Russian peacekeepers without heavy armaments/ APCs only - no tanks even/. And they were attacked too and suffered losses. So the Russian Army now is not so alert as the Soviet used to be - it took 2 days to prepare the responce/as you probably remember it took several hours to occupy Czechoslovakia in 1968/. And a lot of ordinary Russians can not understand what made our troops to stop just 3 hours away from taking that crazy guy Saakashvili to prison. As I believe he has some troubles with his head. Looks like he was encouraged by the American administration - maybe he took their hints too close but still we saw the fact - one crazy guy could put the world on the brink of the WWIII.
So McCain's point of veiw is clear but not true - KGB does not exist and if you can read Russian you would be shocked to read about Putin and Medvedev and other oligarchs on local i-net forums - I mean open and hot discussions. we are not so mild in sayings - not like presidential debates in the States. BTW - your present Administarion already "found" weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, binLaden in Afganistan and led the world into crisis - always finding an enemy. So I would be very careful with Mr.McCain statements.

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's

Last edited by easyman05; Oct 11th, 2008 at 12:28 pm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode