which side - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 2008, 12:55 am Thread Starter
Veteran

which side

Was just gnawing on a cold one out the back with my ride partner. Must have been about the fourth tin when he said, you have been to the US and they ride on the wrong side of the road. Which side is the side stand on. If they get off to the left as we do, they are stepping into the traffic. Well I had another two tins and thought about it. I have driven over there, never ridden. I notice in a lot of American movies the male is sleeping to the right side of the bed, at the girls left arm as she lays on her back.. Never happen here, we sleep on the left side of the bed, as you look at it from the door. Chuck the right leg so to speak. But where the hell is the side stand on one of your Beemers. Surely you do not step into the traffic when you dismount. I think John Wayne got off his horse same way I do. But never saw him on a Beemer so that does not help me. Can some one come up with the answer to all this before my partner comes back for another cold drink with another stupid question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 2008, 1:25 am
Strafist

You know us crazy Yanks. We happily step into traffic with a stoopid smile. It's on the left.

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 2008, 2:47 am
Looking for better limits...

Sheesh...c'mon, Pap. You put the kickstand down on the left. But, after a few tins, you want to dismount going to the right. Never know when the kickstand is fully deployed, donchano. Embarrassing, yes, if the bike goes down while you're still standing; but if you're sitting on your arse because the bike knocked ya down in the process of getting off on the left? Which time would you prefer that no one be around when it happens?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Sze
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 2008, 5:21 am
Veteran

It has to do with which hemisphere (northern or southern) you live in. Need another cold one to explain it.

07 BMW K1200 S (cosmic blue/titan silver)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode