Economy: cure or lethal injection? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 2008, 3:09 am Thread Starter
Addict

Economy: cure or lethal injection?

What do you think is happening now? Heading all to global bankrupcy or curing the economy?
Since, like everybody, I am concerned about my future, asked this question myself for many times. After some confusion have to say that I am more optimistic now. What actually happened? Greedy bankers pushed money into the market to make profit with high risk and at any social cost. This is criminal attitude. They did not take any safety measures due to the greed again. People who did not deserved those money in the first hand, as not ever being able to pay back, jumped on houses and pushed the price up. Companies with no real efficiency got money as well to artificially keep them on the market. Bank's guilt again. Russians oligarchs scared the world with their wealth. Smoke again. Those were mostly money from the banks used to buy properties otherwise they could not afford. Now they lost 75%. What is going on I think is more like a natural sanitary process of the economy. Those unable to survive will virtually collapse as they should do long ago. I'm sure in a year or so things will get back to normal, but won't be same "normal" as the one we lived, based on fake money and wealth. My guess is something like 25-50% decrease in everything.

New Year Glitter Graphics

2010 R1200RT
2009 X6
2010 X1
former and future k owner

Last edited by Doru-in-Romania; Dec 31st, 2008 at 4:57 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 2008, 3:18 am
Addict

I am going to resist! I am going to resist! I am going to resist!

Black stuff down, Shiny side up!______________________________
10 R1200RTSE
02 R1100S
07 K1200GT R.I.P.
86 K100RS Sold
07 R1200GSA Sold
07 Softail Heritage Sold
86 K100RS Sold
82 R100RS Sold
82 Suzi GSX1100 Sold
75 Honda 750/4 Sold
74 Yamaha XS650 Sold
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 2008, 7:43 am
Enthusiast

At least from a US point of view, I have a hard time understanding how printing money you don't have and dumping it down a hole is going to help anything. It will help people feel better, but I don't think it will change the problem.

Nobody wants to say it, but we (the US) deserve what is happening. People were starting to get an "entitlement" attitude. I'm not sure how anybody thinks they deserve to be handed money at a house closing. Especially when they put no money down.

This "Entitlement" is continuing when you get comments like "The banking industry ripped me off". Did you not read the document you signed? Many rolled the dice with adjustable rate mortgages assuming the housing market would continue on the upswing. Well, you lost.

I fear the only ones who will pay for this screw up are the people that were financially responsible in the first place. Now I will get to pay for my house, and for a beautiful mansion for someone else to live in.

El Barto
Ride fast.......Get there before the accident!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 2008, 7:52 am
Noob

Don't get me started The military taught me to stay clear of two topics; religion and politics. Our country (USA) is in mess. "The Man" is digging deep into the pockets of working class citizens. Everybody is feeling the squeeze. For those of you (me included) who "invested" in property stand you ground; don't be taken advantage of, the market will turn around. The time will come again when we can all afford those mod's!

Desert Storm & Desert Shield (Nov 1990 - Jun 1991)
Operation Sea Signal; Guantanamo Bay
Kosovo
OIF 2006 - 2008
OFE (In my future)
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 2009, 5:05 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadicool59
I am going to resist! I am going to resist! I am going to resist!
Uh go on you know you want to.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:56 pm

Come on Daddy have a stab.....
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 1:59 am

Go Daddy go, were counting on you

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 6:18 am Thread Starter
Addict

it will come to an end soon.

2010 R1200RT
2009 X6
2010 X1
former and future k owner

Last edited by Doru-in-Romania; Jan 3rd, 2009 at 6:35 am.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 3:30 pm

I agree with the concept of "sanitizing" the economy that Doru is presenting. Unfortunately, the challenge of de-leveraging will be a long and difficult process (I'm thinking years and many lost companies, banks, jobs, and lives). That is because we (collectively USA... no reason I can see to split the collusion between lender and debtor) built up leverage like this world has NEVER seen! The credit bubble and housing bubble were many times larger than the collective leveraging that the US saw before the Great Depression. I also agree with Doru that once we have recovered (however you define it), that endpoint will differ significantly from the lifestyle Americans once lived (as it should!). Less impulse buying, less gotta-have-it items, less big SUVs to convince the neighbors your cock is the biggest on the block. I like the choice of word: "sanitary", because at it's root is "sane", a state of living that has been entirely foreign to Americans in the past 5-10 years of massive credit consumption. I wish everyone inner wealth and growth in the year ahead!

2007 K1200R Sport
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2009, 11:11 am
I'm riding

what I do not understand is why some companies refuse to sell their products?

I contacted Buck custom shop - do like their Buck Folding Hunter 110 model which is true American classics for me like HD or Lucky Strike or Marlboro/ though I do not smoke/ and want to order custom knives for me and my son - my enquiries were left unattended.
Motolight again - this year I wanted to buy a set for my wifey's f800ST - e-mailed them, got a reply/ that girl even enclosed a picture of their staff to show me their nice faces/, asked to provide me with a PP link to effect payment and - nothing... no reply no contact no explanation as if they died. Strange people.
Baehr/Germany/ - wanted to buy a new headset and mic for my new Schuberth C-3 - same story, no reply.
and they are ranting about crisis - what crisis if you do not want to work?

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'07 F800ST Blue - wife's(sold)
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's

Last edited by easyman05; Feb 4th, 2009 at 12:04 pm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode