GAZPROM - Gas crisis - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 2009, 7:29 am Thread Starter
Addict

GAZPROM - Gas crisis

russia is trying to screw europe again. they use gas as weapon. based on some differend on gas price they have with ukraine, gas to europe was cut or diminished. gazprom is a state (read kgb) owned giant company that employs half million people. most dependent of russian gas are former communist countries which are mostly aiming west. since they can not use tanks to impose obedience anymore now the friendly russians are using the gas pipe instead. actual president medvedev is the former gazprom president. here in romania we still have some gas and oil resources, russian import is only 30%. with this low economic activity, we may pass without headache, but there are countries 100% dependent. i think reason for all this circus was allowing them to built a pipe in the north through poland, project that was rejected originally by the eu some time ago. i just love russia!

2010 R1200RT
2009 X6
2010 X1
former and future k owner

Last edited by Doru-in-Romania; Jan 6th, 2009 at 7:51 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 2009, 10:20 am
Addict

Interesting post, but Russia isn't doing anything that OPEC hasn't done long ago. I think in the not so distant future, other even more valuable commodities will come into play. One day fresh drinking water will be very scarce, as well as food. If I'm not mistaken, the countries with the most fossil fuels are also the ones who will need water, and food the most. Maybe the US will increase wheat prices again, maybe not, but I'm hopeful a technology breakthrough will make fossil fuels obsolete. I've been looking at this nuclear fusion, the power of the stars. I'm hopeful that the incoming adminstration, makes a commitment to solving the problems of this technology. A commitment the likes of which the world has never seen, like larger than the Manhattan project. How about telling NASA they don't get to launch a single rocket until they get this technology working. Then the Arabs can drink the oil.

MOA Member #106320
2003 R1150RT Titan Silver
2008 K1200GT Dark Graphite
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 2009, 10:23 am
Addict

I think it will just cause a long term strategy rethink away from fossil oil and gas to Nuke power. Forget renewables. When a country depends so much on energy it will go the fastest track to seek alternatives. We have masses of coal still left in UK. They closed our mines years ago and work health regulations are now really heavy. But faced with diminishing alternative energy resources it could just come back, even paint it white to keep the carbon counters happy!

Funny thing about economic activity in the area of few alternatives is when you have a vastly expanded industry and demand shrinks, they still have to make more profit year on year and the price still keeps going up.

Isn't that what OPEC price fixing as all about? Squeezing to maximise revenue without throttling the customers?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 2009, 10:26 am
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008-K1200GT
Interesting post, but Russia isn't doing anything that OPEC hasn't done long ago. I think in the not so distant future, other even more valuable commodities will come into play. One day fresh drinking water will be very scarce, as well as food. If I'm not mistaken, the countries with the most fossil fuels are also the ones who will need water, and food the most. Maybe the US will increase wheat prices again, maybe not, but I'm hopeful a technology breakthrough will make fossil fuels obsolete. I've been looking at this nuclear fusion, the power of the stars. I'm hopeful that the incoming adminstration, makes a commitment to solving the problems of this technology. A commitment the likes of which the world has never seen, like larger than the Manhattan project. How about telling NASA they don't get to launch a single rocket until they get this technology working. Then the Arabs can drink the oil.
I hope the future enery solutions don't rely on the Large Hadron Collider which seems to have got off to a bad start. Still, we haven't been sucked into a black hole yet.

Why can't NASA use its launch vehicles to dispose of our nuclear waste? I thought space was full of nasty radiation.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 2009, 10:52 am Thread Starter
Addict

we are all sold to oil companies. democracy is a sweet illusion. new technologies are blocked. there will be no new energy available at reasonable cost until the oil is completely drained. when this will happen new energy will be owned by the same smart guys who rules the world and the oil industry now. with the cost of iraq war i bet would be possible to finance energy reasearch with good results. it was decided to stay on oil.

2010 R1200RT
2009 X6
2010 X1
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 2009, 11:06 am
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxmagna
I hope the future enery solutions don't rely on the Large Hadron Collider which seems to have got off to a bad start. Still, we haven't been sucked into a black hole yet.

Why can't NASA use its launch vehicles to dispose of our nuclear waste? I thought space was full of nasty radiation.
Rockets to dispose of nuclear waste? Not a good idea since from time to time the rockets blow up. This would spread radiation all over the planet. For now big oil is running the show, but a few months ago the price was so high, the government would have been forced to step in and protect research to alternative fuels. I bough gasoline yesterday for 1.75 a gallon. That price will prevent the research needed to do away with fossil fuel. As for the hardon Collider, that thing is more a gimmick than anything else fusion will not come in a package of that size, and scale. This technology is doable if the commitment is made

http://www.iter.org/

MOA Member #106320
2003 R1150RT Titan Silver
2008 K1200GT Dark Graphite
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2009, 2:33 am
I'm riding

Doru is scared as usual
it's just the question of money, Doru, you should not be excited so much - Ukraine receives natural gaz two times cheaper than its european neighboures/ and re-sells part of it to Romania as well at the market prices/ but does not want to pay for it in time and does not want to pay its market price. Gazprom does not need ukrainian agency, Gazprom is able ro sell its gaz to Romania without anybody else and earn more money to invest in new drillings. That's what they call "market economy"
and, by the way, Medvedev is not Russian by blood, he is Jewish - are you also antisemitic, Doru?

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'07 F800ST Blue - wife's(sold)
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2009, 2:55 am Thread Starter
Addict

i can't see the difference between russians and russian jews by religion which you do for the second time, also the meaning of last question. to be exact we are buying gas not from ukraine, but from a private joint venture based in swiss owned by some german and also by the russians. gazprom refused to sell directly and asked us to use that intermediary that probably fills the pockets of the kgb leadership at the kremlin. romania is paying same high price as everybody in europe. the problem is between russia and ukraine and is strictly political, ukraine does not like the russians. now russia wants europe to help adding pressure to ukraine. the pipe is passing ukraine but nobody buys from them, it's only russian gas. nobody pays to ukraine as you say, only to gazprom or designated intermediaries.

2010 R1200RT
2009 X6
2010 X1

Last edited by Doru-in-Romania; Jan 7th, 2009 at 6:14 am.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2009, 3:06 am
Addict

Doods, lighten up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a read through the posts in this forum, Obama bashing, reverse racism, riots in Greece, needing shotguns to protect family, fatal injections in the economy and now Russian Gas issues.
Im all for an open campfire discussion but I think if I found myself sitting around this campfire in the real world campsite id be hiding the sharp cutlery.
Are there any glass half full members out there with something positive or funny to talk about?
By the way, did you hear the one about the Palestinian and the .............

Black stuff down, Shiny side up!______________________________
10 R1200RTSE
02 R1100S
07 K1200GT R.I.P.
86 K100RS Sold
07 R1200GSA Sold
07 Softail Heritage Sold
86 K100RS Sold
82 R100RS Sold
82 Suzi GSX1100 Sold
75 Honda 750/4 Sold
74 Yamaha XS650 Sold
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2009, 3:12 am Thread Starter
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadicool59
Doods, lighten up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a read through the posts in this forum, Obama bashing, reverse racism, riots in Greece, needing shotguns to protect family, fatal injections in the economy and now Russian Gas issues.
Im all for an open campfire discussion but I think if I found myself sitting around this campfire in the real world campsite id be hiding the sharp cutlery.
Are there any glass half full members out there with something positive or funny to talk about?
By the way, did you hear the one about the Palestinian and the .............
hahaha right, we live troubled times. honestly, i would like to live in australia now. what is the situation there? do you have own natural resources?

2010 R1200RT
2009 X6
2010 X1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode