G20 summit in London and the crisis - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2009, 4:43 pm Thread Starter
I'm riding

G20 summit in London and the crisis

Does anyone believe they could work out any decision? I watched some TV news today - all that fuss reminds a circus. Imho, I saw only one person who knows what she is talking about and doing - Mrs.Merkel. The rest of the guys seen were clowns. Did their best to be serious and important but had no idea what to do and to say. Looked like they were not the persons in charge. That's sad.

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'07 F800ST Blue - wife's(sold)
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2009, 6:05 pm

unfortunately pretty much every meeting in the past the USA set the agenda . Obama's lack of experience is showing its head with the lack of direction, that and no other country wishes to spend its way out with a stimulus as he has requested. The world is pretty much pissed off at us at this point. Obama needs to find some advisers who actually owned a business to fix this problem. His economic advisers don't have a clue,if they did we would have not gone down this road.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 12:29 am Thread Starter
I'm riding

Obama is in the office for less than 3 months. And his predecessor had all the advisers he needed and played the leading role and nobody messed up with the USA etc blah-blah. And the world is in the shite.
I mean are the current leaders able and are they willing to change the situation? Or they are just protecting their own interests affiliated with big money?

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 2009, 8:56 am
Addict

even i didn't liked obama now i think there was no viable alternative. regarding those guys you are referring to, i said it before - of course they are not in charge, in charge are those that run the finances of the world. what you see it's a kind of muppets show. i am also against globalization, watched many nations over the past 20 years or so, all of them without exceptions were doing better before eu and globalization sh$t.
going to garmisch this year vladimir?

2010 R1200RT
2009 X6
2010 X1
former and future k owner
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 2009, 12:26 pm Thread Starter
I'm riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doru-in-Romania
going to garmisch this year vladimir?

Yes, Doru, put in my schedule. Though life is wider than plans - if the weather is fine will ride the French Alps instead.

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 2009, 5:51 pm
Addict

Contrary to what the media has feed everyone Obama is not the second coming of Christ. He just a man, in fact a man from the most politically corrupt State in our union. The media put him where he is, he does not have the experience, or the moral compass to lead this nation never mind the world. What I find interesting is why is everyone waiting for the U.S. to solve this Global crisis. I say we should concentrate on our own interests, and let the rest of the world worry about themselves. I don't advocate isolationism, but no one seems to appreciate us let them handle things alone for a while, and see how they do who knows maybe they have better answers. First thing to stop is all foreign aide we just tell them sorry can't afford it anymore.

MOA Member #106320
2003 R1150RT Titan Silver
2008 K1200GT Dark Graphite
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 2009, 7:59 pm
Addict

Dan, you fix your problem and the rest of the world will recover. Your unregulated banks created this problem.
You cant spend your life playing big brother and when the game gets rough and someone gets hurt, claim you were never there. Your banks and the Wall Street Wankers lit this fire that sprerad throughout the world and you say, why is everyone looking at us to put it out? Your kidding right? this is just bait to lure people like me, yes?
If you guys want to get serious about addressing these issues someone better get some balls.
These are my opinions and I take responsibility for them.
Firstly, stop giving money to the monsters that caused this shit pit. Your largest banks, who happen to be world banks, not just US banks by the way, need to be exposed as being insolvent and allowed to go down.
Yes that right, imagine that, Citibank no more!
Once you have shut down the biggest rats with the most toxic assets, start giving the money that you would have given them to keep their insolvency hidden to the banks that have done the right thing and force them to start lending with it.
I know that having state run banks in the largest icon of the free economy is not an appealing thought but it is what is required to fix this
Get your motor industry going again with cheap money, real cheap money that is, not subrogated loans from the manufacturers. Not loans to the builders but to mom and dad car buyers. Same in the housing industry only this time lend it to people who can pay!
When you have killed off the biggest anchors that there are in this dilemma, you can start to make some headway but as long as you want to keep throwing good money after bad we will keep plowing the bowels of this mess.
Of course this isnt personal, when I say you I mean your government and its leaders, when I say we I mean the world.

Black stuff down, Shiny side up!______________________________
10 R1200RTSE
02 R1100S
07 K1200GT R.I.P.
86 K100RS Sold
07 R1200GSA Sold
07 Softail Heritage Sold
86 K100RS Sold
82 R100RS Sold
82 Suzi GSX1100 Sold
75 Honda 750/4 Sold
74 Yamaha XS650 Sold

Last edited by Dadicool59; Apr 4th, 2009 at 8:18 pm.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 2009, 12:26 am Thread Starter
I'm riding

Dadi, you are spot on. But the main problem, imho, is that the US has no economy now - I mean industry. The figures they publish as the "official" statistics are from imagination - except weapons production the rest are services/financial etc/, means they produce close to nothing/OK cars - but in the true free economy they are bankrupt/ . And the Wall Str. turned out to be just a bubble. What Dan said is the common point of view now - they would want to repatriate more jobs back to the States from Asia and this seems to be the only way for them to survive. But they do not have money - the US dollars are in fact in reserves of China, Japan and Russia as they were enhanced to accumulate by the Americans. So now the situation is akward - Obama needs to talk the Chinese and Japanese into financing their own suicide. But in case of isolationism all the world trade would reject US dollars as the world currency and that means hyperinflation in the States.
What you proposed about US banks is a kill for them and for any US President in the office - no difference who he/she is.

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 2009, 1:21 am
Addict

i second dadycool, us must solve its internal problems and world will be cured as a result. yes, big financial groups are the key, but they cannot let them down as those are who are ruling the world not the politicians. politicians are expandable. take one out, make another. i don't think there is cure or hope. i'm still afraid of mass movements, vladimir was saying i'm paranoic but look what is happening more and more often in the street. what will be next? anarchy? communism again? hope not.

2010 R1200RT
2009 X6
2010 X1
former and future k owner
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 2009, 2:08 am Thread Starter
I'm riding

Doru, but are the mass riots really possible in Europe or the States now? I do not mean a few thousands of "always alert" persons who have twice-per-year peaks of activiity. I travel to Europe really seldom and that's why can compare the "scans" of situation/ when you see it every day you just do not pay attention/ - visited Madrid,Spain end of February. OK, businesswise it was empty, the trip I mean, but the daily life in the streets and shops were the same as two years ago. Same about Germany in September 2008. No drastic changes, no hunger queues nothing of this kind. Calm and quiet as usual.

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode