Catholic Church - is it the worldwide attack? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 1:38 pm Thread Starter
I'm riding

Catholic Church - is it the worldwide attack?

Almost every day/past 6 months/ I saw on TV news about Catholic priests and their victims.... Looks like they all are the real monsters and there is nothing else/OK, except Afganistan-Iraq/ of importance. Really I am fed up/not being a Catholic/ with those news subjects esp on the New Year eve or Easter or at the time of Moscow metro explosions or tribute days for the gone Polish President.

For me it looks like a well coordinated campaign against the Church. Who stands behind? And what is the reason? They just want to keep the people's heads busy during the crisis? Or - to divert their attention from the Wall Street guys?

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'07 F800ST Blue - wife's(sold)
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 2010, 1:32 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyman05
Almost every day/past 6 months/ I saw on TV news about Catholic priests and their victims.... Looks like they all are the real monsters and there is nothing else/OK, except Afganistan-Iraq/ of importance. Really I am fed up/not being a Catholic/ with those news subjects esp on the New Year eve or Easter or at the time of Moscow metro explosions or tribute days for the gone Polish President.

For me it looks like a well coordinated campaign against the Church. Who stands behind? And what is the reason? They just want to keep the people's heads busy during the crisis? Or - to divert their attention from the Wall Street guys?
It's easy to bash Catholics and especially the Pope who has done a rather poor job of damage control on this issue. As a Catholic I'm disgusted at what has happened and how, seemingly, the Catholic Church in this country has condoned these heinous acts through their lack of action.

Regards,
Randy
'02 RT nacht black
'05 Ducati ST3 black
'06 K12S bumble bee
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 2010, 2:16 am
Addict

i don't think so. probably many such things happened over a long period of time and now there are exposed to the public.

2010 R1200RT
2009 X6
2010 X1
former and future k owner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 2010, 7:02 pm
Veteran

This one is easy...its campaign season.....they can not beat the catholic church on the right to life issues so they attack the bad apples in the church....mostly in left media outlets....as they should ...but where have they been in the last couple years...timing is everything
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 2010, 8:01 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAK04GT
This one is easy...its campaign season.....they can not beat the catholic church on the right to life issues so they attack the bad apples in the church....mostly in left media outlets....as they should ...but where have they been in the last couple years...timing is everything
I agree. There is definitely a political angle to these attacks. It is typical of the Humanistic attacks which have been escalating against People of Faith. Humanists find something disconcerting about people who have moral absolutes and worship Someone larger than themselves.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 2010, 8:23 pm
Noob

Ok, here we go...............

If a national child care company had hired managers who molested children, then the officers of that company transferred them to other child care centers when they found out about it..........and covered it up, what would have happened ?

The damage done to these chldren by the Catholic clergy and condoned by the Catholic hierarchy dwarfs any economic damage done by the Wall Street crooks.

And the fact that all of you would allow this to happen and continue to support the current pope. who is himself complicit in all of this............

I cannot believe you all would defend child molesters. And their apologizers.

You are all right about one thing. If our politicians had any balls, many cardinals woujld be arrrested, and charged with the same laws that they use against organized crime.

Shame on you.................shame on the church.

Let's get back to the topics this forum was designed for.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 2010, 3:29 am Thread Starter
I'm riding

I do not defend them - my question was a bit different.

finally, not all the priests are pedophile and the rest of society / does not mean any specific religion / is far from being saint in this sense. Roman Polanski is an example - though he is not a priest...

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'07 F800ST Blue - wife's(sold)
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 2010, 7:02 am
no power in the 'verse can stop me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisdwilson
Let's get back to the topics this forum was designed for.
This particular forum ( Campfire ) is designed exactly for this sort of discussion.
This is where we bring non motorcycle related subjects of interest to members to talk about.

tim-----still on the right side of the frostline

you can't stop the signal
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 2010, 7:15 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisdwilson

I cannot believe you all would defend child molesters. And their apologizers.

Shame on you.................shame on the church.
So, are you saying that EVERY Catholic priest or Cardinal is guilty of these crimes ?
Should the innocent priests, Cardinals, Bishops be ignored? Or branded with the sins of their brothers?

The crimes committed are not just a Roman Catholic "problem." You can't pick up a newspaper these days without reading about some teacher, or coach, or other person who works with children being accused of sex crimes against them. But, because they
don't conveniently fall under the rooftop of a single organization, so much of it is a one shot deal in the news.

As for BenedictXVI, the news media is doing it's damnedest to tar him with complicity in all this and the best they can do is innuendo and smear.

Tell ya what, why don't we round up all the Ben Roethlisbergers and Michael Vicks and other NFL players of the world, accuse them of going against the dignity of the game and ultimately decide to hold NFL commissioner Roger Goodell responsible for their actions ?
What the hell? They did stuff on his watch- he must be guilty too.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 2010, 7:37 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyman05
t.

Easy,

Here's an article written by a prominent Jewish businessman here in the Cleveland Ohio area several years ago. It still rings true this very day.

http://guslloyd.com/blog/?p=1205

It's a long article, but well worth reading.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode