Baikal Model IZH-46M - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2010, 10:39 pm Thread Starter
Sooper Dooper Moderator

Baikal Model IZH-46M

I've been keeping my air rifle handy for an opportunity to assassinate some bunnies which are tearing up my front yard. Shooting it a few times has peaked my interest in such things of late, and I've been looking at the Baikal Model IZH-46M competition air pistol. I'm thinking of buying one, even though my eyes are really not good enough anymore for competition (sigh). For less than $400, it looks like quite a value. If you've never seen one, Google it and take a look. Very impressive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 2010, 4:17 pm
Enthusiast

I LOVE mine - you wife got me one - My son & I shoot in our basement. My wife wife works at MIT - I take ALOT OF PE classes at MIT - with Will Hart MIT's Pistol coach - infact I got my LTC from MIT - best $35. I spent - I've moved on to a Class A LTC here in Cambridge,MA
Thanks for reminding me I need to shoot more - I always like carrying long guns on the motorcycle in the City of Cambridge,MA

'91 K75S
'06 K1200S
BMWMOA # 119240
Yankee Beemer # 153
NRA # 154764753
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2010, 2:28 pm
I'm riding

Chuck,
that air pistol is quite accurate and reliable but it has not enough power to shoot rabbits, I beleive. It has 7,5 joules afaik - for sports shooting at 10 metre.

I'd prefer a PCP air rifle with an optic sight and power of 25 Joule or so.

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'07 F800ST Blue - wife's(sold)
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2010, 2:39 pm Thread Starter
Sooper Dooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyman05
Chuck,
that air pistol is quite accurate and reliable but it has not enough power to shoot rabbits, I beleive. It has 7,5 joules afaik - for sports shooting at 10 metre.

I'd prefer a PCP air rifle with an optic sight and power of 25 Joule or so.
Hi Vladimir, always nice to hear from you. Yes, I agree about the power. I'm not familiar with your "joules" measurement... The pistol is advertised in the USA at 500 feet per second muzzle velocity, and I am familiar with that. I'm sure it's perfect for 10 meter competition, but probably not good for rabbits. I have a Diana Model 34 air rifle (1,000fps) for the rabbits. I use a laser pointer attached to the barrel, because the shooting is at night or early morning and I can't see the iron sights at all in that light. If I get one, the Baikal would be purely for paper targets.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode