News about Tim Shook - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 2010, 8:28 am Thread Starter
ROB
We're zoned for what ? cool !

News about Tim Shook

My friend Tim Shook, one of the first guys here on K-Bikes and before that on i-BMW, has had a rough year medically. You will recall that in May he had an artery rupture in his abdomen, one that feeds his intestines. He was in intensive care for several weeks, but he survived. He had to have some of his intestines cut out, and a colostomy bag was installed. He has been living with that ever since then.

Well this past Wednesday he had surgery to remove the colostomy bag and to hook his intestines back up. It was about a 3 hour surgery, and he came through it well. Several of his friends got an email from Tim's wife Sheree Wednesday evening saying that he was doing OK, kinda groggy, but when she had left the hospital Tim was sitting up, eating a popsicle.

I received another email from Sheree this morning. Here it is:

"Tim had a good day Thursday. He continued to get better and everything was looking real good.

Yesterday afternoon Tim had a stroke. We still don't have a lot of information yet. There is a blood clot in his brain that they are trying to dissolve using medicine. They can't use a lot of the blood thinners because that could cause bleeding at the incision so they are increasing his blood pressure to try to get the pressure up in his brain around the clot. I don't really understand it, but all the doctors seem to feel that this is the best thing to do.

Tim is able to move his arms and legs and follow commands. His speech is slurred and he seems very confused although he is able to tell us where he is, and what happened. So, right now, we are back to waiting.

Please keep Tim in you prayers.

Sheree"

Like Sheree said, please keep Tim in your prayers.

1990 K75S
2009 R1200GS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 2010, 8:30 am
JCW
contributor

Damn.

'06 K1200R- in pieces
'73 Honda CB500F- slow but fun.
'77 Yamaha XS 750 triple- kinda
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 2010, 10:21 am
Will ride for picts

A great member of our community ... his posts always make me laugh. Hang tough and get well, Tim. We're pulling for you.

Sierra Cement: Good for skis, bad for knees.

www.rhhall.smugmug.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 2010, 7:13 pm
Looking for better limits...

Saturday, Dec. 18 update

Hi,

I just got home from the hospital a few minutes ago. Tim is stable. He is able to do more today than he was yesterday. His speech is slurred, his left side is weak, and he is confused. On the other side- he is able to talk, he is able to move all his arms and legs, and part of the time he is able to answer all the questions properly. They are starting to lower his blood pressure back to normal, and will see how he does. I think they started him back on an aspirin to thin his blood a little, but they can not go back to the Coumadin yet. If he remains stable, they will probably move him to a step-down room. Right now, he is in ICU (hooked up to a million machines) so only two visitors at a time. He is sleeping most of the day, and only wakes up sporadically.

Thanks for all the kind words and prayers. I truly believe that prayers make things happen.

Sheree

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 2010, 3:39 am
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCW
Damn.
+1.

Edoardo Licciardello

To drive is human
to ride divine
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 2010, 7:19 pm

Monday, Dec. 20th

Hi all,
Good and bad news yesterday. They took Tim off of the medicine that was raising his blood pressure and started removing a lot of the lines going to various machines. The xray looking for blood clots came back ok.

Tim did not pass the swallow test, so he can not have any thing to eat or drink. The doctors said that they might have to insert a feeding tube for a while. My biggest concern is that he is still very confussed. One minute he'll think he is in the hospital, then he will think that he is at home in the dining room. It is very scary.

They moved him out of ICU and into a regular room last night around midnight. He is in M80, bed 4. He chose not to get a phone in his room because I am planning on leaving the cell with him. So if you want to call, that number is (440) 352-1701.

Pleas keep him in your prayers.
Sheree

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 2010, 11:36 pm
JCW
contributor

What hospital is he at? I'd like to send something.

'06 K1200R- in pieces
'73 Honda CB500F- slow but fun.
'77 Yamaha XS 750 triple- kinda
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 2010, 9:51 am

Dec. 21st.

Hi,

Another busy, eventful day. Not such good news today though.

After running lots of tests, the doctors found a blood clot in Tim's heart. They feel that this is what caused the stroke. If they do not do anything about it, there is a good chance that another piece of the blood clot will break off and cause another stroke.

They can give him blood thinners to help the blood go around the clot better, but since the stroke caused bleeding in his brain, thinning his blood can cause the damaged part of the brain to bleed again and cause more damage.

They have decided to take the chance with the blood thinners and hope that the veins have healed enough that they will not start bleeding again. So they are introducing the medicine slowly and hoping that everything goes well. They have moved him back to a step-down room so they can closely monitor him.

On the plus side, the tests showed no additional bleeding in his brain since Friday. They gave him an OT evaluation, and PT came in and had him sitting up and even walking with a walker.

He did eat a very small amount of food. He is still very confused but he hasn't lost his sense of humor.

Take care and please keep praying for him.

Sheree

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 2010, 9:52 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCW
What hospital is he at? I'd like to send something.
Cleveland Clinic. Rob managed to visit with him on his last hospital stay, but I don't know if Tim was at the clinic at the time of the visit or a secondary care place.

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 2010, 8:25 pm
Rookie

Unhappy recent visit, Cleveland Clinc

Hi Folks,

I was able visit Tim and Sheree on Monday for a short time and since there have been some changes since then so this is a little bit of old news.

Tim was groggy and a little disorientated but still had his sense of humor about him. Tim couldn't sit up very long but was still asking about wireless so he could get online to check things out...I am sure one of us here in the Cleveland area will find him a laptop to use so he can on line once he is doing better.

Tim is still in the Cleveland Clinic but in a step down room, so I don't know if he will be allowed visitors for a while.

Now more than ever Tim needs our prayers, good vibes or anything else we can come up with.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode