A biker who cooks? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 2011, 4:02 pm Thread Starter
Sooper Dooper Moderator

A biker who cooks?

This is a copy of an article from the online edition of the Orange County Register:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you’re a biker who cooks, the producers of a new reality TV series want to see you at Cook’s Corner in Trabuco Canyon on Sunday.

BBC Worldwide is developing a new show that will feature a pair of motorcycle-riding foodies who’ll head out on the highway, looking for adventure in whatever meal comes their way.

The producers will hold an open casting call from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday at the biker-friendly roadhouse at 19152 Santiago Canyon Rd. in Trabuco Canyon. Here’s a little more on the kind of people they’re interested in:

“We’re looking for two road warriors who share a love of eating, an enthusiasm for badass motorcycles and most importantly, a passion for food,” the casting announcement says. “If you know your food as well as the history and process behind it, look like you mean business on the outside but have the good ole boy quality inside and LOVE riding your motorcycles, you could be our guys!”

If you think you fit the bill, here’s what you need to do: Send your age, name, city, contact information and a few recent photos of yourself – close up, full length and with your bike – along with a brief bio and explanation of why you’d be right for the show to [email protected]. Do so before Sunday so a time can be reserved for you to have a brief on-camera interview.

The name and network for the show haven’t been released yet – so far it’s just got the working title of “Road Warriors” – but BBC Worldwide has a strong pedigree as producers of shows such as “Dancing With The Stars,” “Top Gear” and “What Not To Wear.”

So fire up the computer, fire up the bike, fire up the barbecue – who knows, maybe you’ll end up O.C.’s next reality TV star.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 6:09 am
Veteran

well guess the whole BMW community is good for that one. ..well the eating part that is...is there an eating part?..DOH!...The whole "reality" thing is getting old....Its never about the subject at hand but more about personality conflicts...that gets old...look where American Chopper ended up...The new one "Gold Rush" started of good (first two episodes) now its more about conflicts, family relationships and the gold part went to hell.....

Last edited by BAK04GT; Jan 23rd, 2011 at 6:15 am.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2011, 2:43 pm
Addict

Well crap, I'd sure like to do this but I'm short a couple things...

I need some tatoo's (at least some fake ones)

When I cook, my dawgs won't even eat the leftovers (kind of kills that good-taste part)

And my historical knowledge of food is limited to the amount of time it takes to down a good dish and go "dddaaayyymmm that was the BEST xxxxx I've ever eatin!"...

Of course my good looks, driving personality and stupid jokes might get me a shot at it.. :rotf

Oh, and my biking gear, which my dealer says they measure wear in "dog years" for me so I certainly do look the part, minus any tatoos of course

sniff...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2011, 2:58 pm
Veteran

OK lets see, I can cook that's for sure.
Then I could buy my buddy's Heritage Softail he offered me for a good price!
Then I could start drinking again and act up like I was at 20 hanging around with bikers and often feeding them!
Don't know about the tatoo however......do scars count?

Then I could send them this pic of my work, mentioning the well placed apple and the beer cans inside the HOG......!!!!

Benelli 50cc at 14
Yamaha RD 200 at 16
Yamaha RD 350 at 17
Honda CB 750 F at 18
Honda V45 Sabre at 24
BMW K100RS at 27
BMW R100GS at 34
BMW K1200RS at 53
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2011, 8:21 am
Noob

I too love to cook food.when ever i get time i cook for my family.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode