I hate it when you get a call at midnight..... - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2011, 11:30 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

I hate it when you get a call at midnight.....

F$%^$%$%$%$. So,I am in MN for My weekend Army drill and my girlfriend gives me a oh crap your bike blew over call. I love it ... of course she can't pick my bike up and I can't sleep because my nice shiny dent,scratch free bike has to be blown over by a dam houghton windstorm. Not once, but twice in the last 2 years. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I think this bike is possessed for accidents, or I am an idiot for leaving it outside and covered while I am gone........She is convinced it's accident possessed. The closest dealer is 3 hrs away and it is about to snow in the next 2 weeks.. Gosh Friggin Crap. Nothing like wishing I rode it in the nice 42f and raining weather. Idiot. Stupid GT

//END RANT//

2007 Bmw k1200GT (My Vroom Bike)
1995 BMW k1100lt (Sold) (My mini-bus)
1998 BMW k1200rs Taxi (Sold) (Didn't get to say goodbye)
1986 BMW k100rt (My classic and first, Restore in Progress)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2011, 11:26 am
Veteran

Wonder if it can hydrolock have been down so long?

I know the BMW S1000RR could and did on a few early models before they added some specially bent hose that kept oil out of the airbox which found its way into a cylinder. When the owner hit the starter, it bent up the con-rods and some threw the piston out the side of the casing.

Might not hurt to try and rotate the engine via the wheel or pull the plugs and check before you hit the starter if it sat too long on the side. Dunno.

Yeah. Mine has gone over a few times too. Wind. Miscreants (most expensive at $4,500). Me. Always costs me a ton of money too. Sometimes I think BMW intentionally designed it that way, like no engine guards on the wide K1600 engine and it falls down and no engine case available (component engine) so you get hit with a new $13,5000 engine bill or the insurance just totals it out and you get another 'disposable bike.'

Mack
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2011, 11:55 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

The bike was down on the right for about 12hrs. I didn't start it up until 12 hrs later. My k100rt has crash guards, it would have saved me a $250 deductible plus gas on two vehicles. Oh and don"t forget the time factor too.

2007 Bmw k1200GT (My Vroom Bike)
1995 BMW k1100lt (Sold) (My mini-bus)
1998 BMW k1200rs Taxi (Sold) (Didn't get to say goodbye)
1986 BMW k100rt (My classic and first, Restore in Progress)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode