polystyrene mould - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 2012, 4:45 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

polystyrene mould

Any one with a clue on this one? I have bought a Browning Medalist pistol. It is like new and in a nice leather case. The pistol and its bits and pieces sits inside the case in a foam contoured set up. Paid $635 for it and I want to restore or remake the foam interior. I remember using this stuff to insulate the fridge in my yacht. We were drinking beer and waiting for something to happen, decided we had not used enough. Poured some more in the cavity. It came creeping across the cabin at us like a boa constrictor. With the pistol case my idea is to cover the pistol etc in plastic glad wrap, lay same on a flat surface, pour the mixture over the whole works, cover same with the upturned pistol case, sit on it and wait for something to happen. How am I doing so far? Knowing you guys I will allow for a few smart arse answers but some constructive suggestions mixed in would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2012, 7:18 am
Sooper Dooper Moderator

Bert, I don't have a clue about what you're doing so I can't offer any advice. Just wanted to say congrats on picking up a nice pistol. I've always wanted one of those, but never had the money to get serious. Lately, I've had a strange hankering to find a C96 broomhandle. Not to sit in a case, but as an occasional shooter. I was amazed at how high the prices have gone for old guns in the past few years.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2012, 2:16 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Medalist

Hi Chuck. I see they are going for about 1400 bucks in the US. Apparently they are now a collectors item. I liked the look of the thing, felt good in the hand and I like Belgian made Brownings, so I had to have it. I have been using the clubs Walther, made by S&W, Do not like it at all. Gone for a .22 this time so I can pot away at targets without having to reload cases. Six cents a shot. Bought 5000 rounds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2012, 2:38 pm
Sooper Dooper Moderator

Sounds like a good set up, and yes, the price in the USA for the Browning is outrageous. I myself have an old Ruger Mk1 Target that I bought a million years ago at the PX on base when I was in the Marines. I bought the long barrel and then regretted it. There's a company called Volquartsen and they sold me an upper with a short bull barrel which fits my lower. Turned it into a really nice little target pistol. What I didn't understand about the Rugers which caused me some trouble is that the upper is the serial numbered part, so that's the gun as far as the feds are concerned. The lower - the frame - which we normally think of as the controlled part, is just a part.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2012, 5:10 pm
Sooper Dooper Moderator

website

Hey Bert, check out this website:

http://www.commemorativearms.com/presentationboxes.htm
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2012, 9:41 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

web

Good one. Would consider that ceptin all I need is the polystyrene bottom. The leather case has two gold clips with locks and is in pristine condition.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode