Help Me Make a Splash for Special Olympics of Ohio & Kentucky - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 2006, 12:45 pm Thread Starter
Addict

Talking Help Me Make a Splash for Special Olympics of Ohio & Kentucky

Hi All,

Besides riding my K, I spend a good deal of time volunteering with the Special Olympics. I've been doing work with them for nearly 15 years.

One of the similarities between the Special Olympics community and the motorcycling community is the incredible amount of good hearted people that each have. Since this "online" community is such a big part of that motorcycling community (to me anyway), I thought I might ask you all if you might consider donating for this Polar Bear Plunge fundraiser.

Any help will be more than appreciated. I'd love to get $1000 total (I'm at around $750 now).

The link to donate is:
http://2006plunge.kintera.org/kentucky-ohio/lael

Thanks for you time! See below for more information about donating and the Polar Bear Plunge Fundraiser.

Lael Forester
aka Alowishus

Here is an email that better explains the fundraising event:
================================================== ===
Believe it or not, I'm participating in the 2006 Polar Bear Plunge! I am committed to raising funds to earn the right to take the Plunge into a pool at Newport on the Levee in Newport, Kentucky on Saturday, February 4! It may sound crazy, but it's for a good cause -- to raise money for Special Olympics and I need your support.

I have a personal goal to raise all I can to help this great cause and then I will jump into 30 waters to celebrate! Now, I am not asking you to jump with me (but you can!) I realize jumping into icy wintry waters is not for everyone! However, you can join me and celebrate winter in a "special" way by making a donation of $25, $15, or $10. (Of course, you may contribute more or less.) Every dollar will help give thousands of children and adults in Kentucky and Ohio with intellectual disabilities the opportunity to grow physically, mentally and socially through year-round sports training & competition programs.

Thanks for helping me reach my goal and by doing so, you will be helping a Special Olympics athlete reach their goals as well.

Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Special Olympics Kentucky:
http://2006plunge.kintera.org/kentucky-ohio/lael

Lael Forester
================================================== ===

2003 BMW K1200GT (Orient Blue) (Fast)
1982 Honda MB5 (Not So Fast)
IBA #22048

"This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat."
- Hunter S. Thompson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode