an interesting thing happen on the way home today - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2012, 4:06 pm Thread Starter
Addict

an interesting thing happen on the way home today

So....our wonderful TxDOT folks are working on westbound I20 between Marshall and Longview. The highway is down to 1 westbound lane and the traffic is backing up for miles.

I'm heading home in the eastbound side in my truck (because of the thunderstorms) and looking at the traffic and construction, lo and behold I see this huge pine tree falling across both lanes of the freeway in all that construction! It just missed a passing car and the truck behind it managed to stop in time, but it was close.

The construction didn't cause the tree to fall. I think a combination of last years drought, forest fires, and the thunderstorm blowing through this afternoon did the deed.

Can you imagine explaining that to your insurance company? I travel that road everyday, in the morning when it's dark. I don't even want to think about having that happen while on the bike.

Doug Turner
'86 Concours
'99 K1200LT - gone
'06 K1200GT - the new kid in town
'08 Wing - gone
Marshall, TX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode