Biker build-off - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 2012, 1:36 am Thread Starter
JCW
contributor

Biker build-off

Just finished watching the dvr'd episode.

My hat's off to all the bikes this year. Unlike last year when i thought none were great or even that good.

Disregarding all the drama that the show likes to play up and judging the bikes for themselves...

This year, i thought jr's bike looked like rolling art. Out of proportion as usual, but great lines. But in the end, it's just art and barely a motorcycle.

Sr. bike again had great tech and extensive workmanship but lacked a cohesive design, imo. they could really do with the creative input of Jr again. Jason either doesn't have it or can't fully express himself because of the power heirarchy.

The new guys built a simple chopper. Nice. But they seemed a little out of their league.

JJ's bike is another incredibly ambitious bike that looks very very cool. But in the end, it makes me chuckle when he brags so much about his greatness. For as nice as it is, put it up against a truly professionally purpose built bike and it's still a hillbilly bike made of chrome moly steel and sheet metal. The skills he brags about are archaic and incompatible with the perceived goal of his bike. Kind of like building a modern speedboat out of wood. Or a jet plane out of steel.

Wish i could be hillbilly.

'06 K1200R- in pieces
'73 Honda CB500F- slow but fun.
'77 Yamaha XS 750 triple- kinda

Last edited by JCW; Dec 11th, 2012 at 1:46 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 2012, 7:38 am
Addict

though i do agree with jesse being a little cocky i think he deserves it ,he is the original hands on builder and does a flawless job on a bike you can ride instead of look at ,and builds it from scratch .just my 2 cents..

i've spent most my money on bike's boat's and broad's the rest i've wasted..
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 2012, 10:17 am
Enthusiast

Society is better off, for American Chopper being canceled.

Richie
04 K12GT
89K100RS (Gone, but not forgotten)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 2012, 1:33 pm Thread Starter
JCW
contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruizbz
Society is better off, for American Chopper being canceled.
LOL, that series was worth a laugh or two but has definitely run its course for me.

Bike builds still fascinate me though.
the original biker build off series from the early 2000's on discovery channel are still very cool to watch.

they had all the builders from the originators arlen ness, indian larry, ron finch, perewitz. And billy lane, covington. Even the "new" kids roland sands, jesse rook, goldammer.

Jesse James and WCC never participated in one the build off's from what I understand. But there were plenty of builders before him. JJ just is/was able to market himself better than most of the rest.

Still, he has incredible skills and imagination. Remember the 7 cylinder radial aero engine bike he built?

'06 K1200R- in pieces

Last edited by JCW; Dec 11th, 2012 at 1:39 pm.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 2012, 3:06 pm
Enthusiast

American Chopper was entertaining when it began. But, then they turned it into a soap opera for ratings. Unless it was a big act. Anyone that would destroy their family for ratings bucks is a total asshole. They were right up there with Honey Boo Boo, and the Kardasian's for dumbing down America.

Some of the bikes were nice to look at, but from what I have read. They were total crap as a motorcycle. Just my 2 cents

And ANYBODY, that would mess up a relationship with a good looking, rich girl like Sandra Bullock is among the world's greatest dumbasses!

Richie
04 K12GT
89K100RS (Gone, but not forgotten)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 2012, 5:06 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruizbz
American Chopper was entertaining when it began. But, then they turned it into a soap opera for ratings. Unless it was a big act. Anyone that would destroy their family for ratings bucks is a total asshole. They were right up there with Honey Boo Boo, and the Kardasian's for dumbing down America.

Some of the bikes were nice to look at, but from what I have read. They were total crap as a motorcycle. Just my 2 cents

And ANYBODY, that would mess up a relationship with a good looking, rich girl like Sandra Bullock is among the world's greatest dumbasses!
definately the biggest mistake he ever made losing sandra

i've spent most my money on bike's boat's and broad's the rest i've wasted..
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2012, 9:39 pm Thread Starter
JCW
contributor

Well, since i brought it up, i thought i'd finish this stupid thought...

Thank goodness i dvr'd it because i barely could watch the inane back and forth between the hosts and the builders. Although the drama between rawlings and jesse was rich. I have a feeling that Jesse would have wiped the floor with the new guy if it came to blows. And imo would have deserved it. Skip forward is a good thing.

The only thought i had that changed was...
Under the lights, i thought the fast and loud bike looked really quite nice.

All the bikes were really well done.

Personally, had i cared enough i would have voted for jesse's just cause that's the bike i'd most like to ride.

The results of the show imo reflected more the popularity of the builder than the bike itself. (Apparently the gas monkey garage guys' show fast and loud is discovery's number one show at the moment.)

'06 K1200R- in pieces

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode